Sound City Players Supergroup Revealed
Saeed Saeed | January 10, 2013
Dave Grohl revealed the anticipated line-up to his super-group Sound City Players, a week before their debut performance at the Sundance Film Festival.
Joining the Foo-Fighter on stage next Saturday are legends stretching multiple generations. Here are some of the big names from the large mouth-watering line up : Creedence Clearwater Revival frontman John Fogerty, Nirvana bassist Kris Novoselic, Cheap Trick’s Rick Nelson, Rage Against the Machine drummer Brad Wilk, Slipknot singer Corey Taylor and fellow Foo Fighters Chris Shiflet and Taylor Hawkins on guitar and drums respectively.
The Austin show coincides with the premier of Grohl's music documentary Sound City, about the famous Los Angeles studio where Nirvana recorded their classic 1991 album Nevermind.
- Wanted: your stories of UAE’s World Cup moments for Image Nation documentary
- Observing Life: The truth about how food looks, what you get and how it tastes
- Stellar staycation packages, starting with Dubai’s Ottoman-inspired Jumeirah Zabeel Saray hotel
- In pictures: The week that was in Arts and Life ending July 12
- The cream of the fashion crop at Paris Haute Couture Week
- Mawazine Sessions: Pioneering French rap group IAM still a presence in hip-hop