Sound City Players Supergroup Revealed
Saeed Saeed | January 10, 2013
Dave Grohl revealed the anticipated line-up to his super-group Sound City Players, a week before their debut performance at the Sundance Film Festival.
Joining the Foo-Fighter on stage next Saturday are legends stretching multiple generations. Here are some of the big names from the large mouth-watering line up : Creedence Clearwater Revival frontman John Fogerty, Nirvana bassist Kris Novoselic, Cheap Trick’s Rick Nelson, Rage Against the Machine drummer Brad Wilk, Slipknot singer Corey Taylor and fellow Foo Fighters Chris Shiflet and Taylor Hawkins on guitar and drums respectively.
The Austin show coincides with the premier of Grohl's music documentary Sound City, about the famous Los Angeles studio where Nirvana recorded their classic 1991 album Nevermind.
- Truth lies swamped in time: True Detective hits UAE televisions
- New season of Planet Peeta hosted by Emirati siblings airs on Saturday
- The Iraqi singer Sattar Saad has won Season Two of The Voice Arabia
- In pictures: The Voice Arabia picks its winner
- Vir Das brings the house down in Dubai with funny stand-up act
- ADF: A pitch-perfect festival