Selena Gomez is feeling grown up in Dubai
Saeed Saeed | September 26, 2013
Selena Gomez is enjoying her first world tour as a solo artist.
Speaking from Dubai Music Week, the American pop-star says the three month long trek has been filled with memorable experiences.
“I am just so grateful to be here,” she said.
“I been to so many wonderful places and to meet people and fans every where really makes me feel very appreciative.”
Happy at her success, the 21-year-old is reveling in her new found freedom.
“I am happy with how things are going,” she said.
“But at the same time I know I am just a kid that is trying to figure out what my place is. It has been very good for me to experience the places that I have been to (without) having ones telling me what to do and not to do. It’s all part of growing up.”
Gomez says she is excited at her recent nomination as best female act in November's MTV European Music Awards.
“It’s so cool,” she said.
“I have watched all these awards growing so to be on these other side and being in that position is great.”
Selena Gomez performs tomorrow at the Dubai World Trade Center at 8.30pm. Doors opens at 5pm with a live music exhibition followed by the supporting act from 7.30pm. Tickets begin from Dh350 from www.ticketmaster.ae
- Fast & Furious 7 filming to resume in Abu Dhabi in April
- Idina Menzel’s If/Then off to a strong start
- Gravity’s Mark Sanger talks Oscar win in Dubai
- Art Dubai’s Marker segment spolights the stretch from the Caucasus to South East Asia
- Regine Velasquez and Ogie Alcasid to headline Dubai’s SundanceLIVE
- Sheikha Hoor chosen for the curator position of next year’s Venice Biennale