Russell Brand still coming to Abu Dhabi?
Saeed Saeed | June 19, 2013
Russell Brandís Abu Dhabi Middle Eastern tour is in doubt.
(20 Jun 2013)The controversial comic made headlines last week after announcing his first ever world tour online with Abu Dhabi and Beirut slated for August.
The regional jaunt now seems to be scrapped after Brand removed the dates from the calendar, however the window from Eid until August 20 remains open if the shows are to be reinstated.
Brandís Abu Dhabi shows were to be held at the Du Forum on August 15 and 16 before jetting off for his Beirut stop.
Despite Brand announcing his imminent arrival to the capital, no official tour announcement has been from any UAE promoters.
Entertainment company Flash, responsible for bringing big name comics to the Du Forum such as Chris Tucker and Russell Peters were not available for comment.
Titled the Messiah Complex tour,† Brandís latest show is set to include his controversial observations on society in addition to discussing popular figures including Che Guevara, Gandhi, Malcolm X and even Hitler.
ďAll these men have shaped our lives and influenced the way we think,Ē the tour statement said.
- Fasting is healthy if done correctly, says celebrity dietician Ghida Arnaout
- Pink Floyd to release new album
- Video game Valiant Hearts set in wartime, no killing required
- Theron and Penn dazzle at Dior’s colossal fashion celebration
- Portrait artist Edward Sutcliffe wins the BP Travel Award by London’s National Portrait Gallery
- Self-taught Emirati chef Bader Najeeb Al Awadhi bakes up a storm