Anna Seaman | October 27, 2013
A photographic competition that believes in the power of photography to inspire hope and understanding and to connect people around the world is open for entries from all over the world.
The PhotoPhilanthrophy Activist Awards have been established to emphasise the important role of high quality documentary photography and visual storytelling as a vehicle to create meaningful impact and social change.
They also believe in the shared passion among nonprofit organisations, photographers and the public and actively connect these individuals. The awards identify outstanding work done by photographers in collaboration with nonprofit organizations worldwide, with prizes ranging from US$2,000-$15,000.
PhotoPhilanthropy is also offering for the first time this year a mobile photography award in addition to its traditional professional, amateur, and student category awards for most compelling documentary photography essays completed on behalf of nonprofits.
* Applications are open until November 15 and more information can be found on www.photophilanthropy.org/award
- Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2014: award-winning Cannes director wants to meet regional filmmakers; The worst football team in the world; Nujoom Al Ganem wants international audience; Magical Girl is not for the fainthearted
- Mansour and the Superheroes to take to the ice this winter
- Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2014: Festival volunteer turns star; how to get Johnny Knoxville into your short film; From A to B sells out
- ADFF buzz: Celebrities and Cuban rhythms at Emirates Palaces opening night party
- ADFF buzz: Stylish crowd celebrates opening night in Emirates Palace’s graceful garden
- Of Many is an inspiring movie that shows religious tolerance in practice
- Celebrating unity: a UAE-made documentary on religious understanding is making waves in the wider world
- Super Lochal: giving birth to a film superheroine in Abu Dhabi
- Bowls, plates and tulips: artists remember Iran’s stolen youth
- 5 things to do today: visit a exhibition and relax at ESPA
- Emirates Opera Project prepares to launch its new season