Paul Bester next @ The Fridge
Saeed Saeed | October 20, 2013
Paul Bester is next to perform at The Fridge series of concerts tomorrow night.
The tenor entered the music industry having studied classical music in his native South Africa.
"I won a national singing competition in my final year of school and multiple bursaries for studying music," he said.
"I studied classical vocal performance and taught voice for a few years. I am also lyric tenor and I enjoy singing early music and oratorio as well as musical and soul performances."
Bester's Monday performance will have him take on works by Händel in addition to excerpts from the musical Les Miserables.
Read below for Monday night's program.
Where'er you walk, from Semele Waft her Angles , from Jephta Love in her eyes sits playing , Acis and Galatea Ombra mai fu, largo from xerxes Widmung, lied by Schuman Puis'quon ne peut fléchir O del mio dolce ardor, aria antique Your still you , song by Josh Groban Bring him home Empty chairs and empty tables A little fall of rain (with Esmeralda) The Prayer duet (with Rachael Calladine)
- Five things to do today: get four Yas Waterworld tickets for the price of three and celebrate Indian and Pakistani independence day at the Freedom Rocks concert
- 1,001 Arabian Bites: From sweet to savoury, saffron is a valued spice
- All-day dining restaurant Nine7One is a pleasant surprise
- Hercules returns to the big screen and this time Dwayne Johnson is playing the demigod
- La Verità – a fantastical production involving a Dalí painting, acrobats and dancers – comes to Abu Dhabi
- Arab Film Festival Australia opens with support from Abu Dhabi