Out and About: DIFC
Anna Seaman | August 21, 2013
During our travels out and about Dubai we discovered the newest addition to Dubai's exponentially expanding art scene - Ayjad Gallery.
Owned by Mrs Alanood Al Warshow, the Emirati founder of Hunar Gallery - one of the first contemporary art galleries in Dubai - Ayjad opened its doors yesterday.
Currently the space is home to only two artists but they happen to be two of the greatest Emirati artists in existence. Head to the Dubai International Financial Centre space now and check out works by Abdul Qader Al Rais and Dr Najjat Makki.
- Five things to do today: See the exhibition Vantage Point Sharjah 2
- Secrets of the cloud unlocked
- In pictures: Stills from the collection of films from Words with God
- Holly to Bolly: Little Monsters in UAE receive YouTube message from soon-to-arrive Lady Gaga
- A dish best served cold: A look into the increasingly popular raw-food movement
- David Hasselhoff to help judge Arab Film Studio short film competition