Out and About: DIFC
Anna Seaman | August 21, 2013
During our travels out and about Dubai we discovered the newest addition to Dubai's exponentially expanding art scene - Ayjad Gallery.
Owned by Mrs Alanood Al Warshow, the Emirati founder of Hunar Gallery - one of the first contemporary art galleries in Dubai - Ayjad opened its doors yesterday.
Currently the space is home to only two artists but they happen to be two of the greatest Emirati artists in existence. Head to the Dubai International Financial Centre space now and check out works by Abdul Qader Al Rais and Dr Najjat Makki.
- Christopher Walken will be part of Disney’s Jungle Book remake
- Waxwork-themed Taste of Fame eatery in Dubai’s Sunset Mall: get kitschy with George Clooney
- Middle Eastern highlights at the Edinburgh festivals
- Point of View frontman Nikhil Uzgare: “Playing with Guns N’ Roses’ Bumblefoot is a dream come true”
- Monkey tricks à la Planet of the Apes
- Film review: the troubles and triumphs of Tammy