Out and About: DIFC
Anna Seaman | August 21, 2013
During our travels out and about Dubai we discovered the newest addition to Dubai's exponentially expanding art scene - Ayjad Gallery.
Owned by Mrs Alanood Al Warshow, the Emirati founder of Hunar Gallery - one of the first contemporary art galleries in Dubai - Ayjad opened its doors yesterday.
Currently the space is home to only two artists but they happen to be two of the greatest Emirati artists in existence. Head to the Dubai International Financial Centre space now and check out works by Abdul Qader Al Rais and Dr Najjat Makki.
- Sheikha Hoor chosen for the curator position of next year’s Venice Biennale
- Sarah Geronimo bringing her Perfect 10 concert to Abu Dhabi
- Video: Penn in Caracas, Dench nominated for theater honor
- Sharjah March Meeting this weekend
- A Long Way Home tells of Saroo Brierley’s 25-year quest to find the mother he was separated from
- Album review: Pharrell Williams – GIRLS