Out and About: DIFC
Anna Seaman | August 21, 2013
During our travels out and about Dubai we discovered the newest addition to Dubai's exponentially expanding art scene - Ayjad Gallery.
Owned by Mrs Alanood Al Warshow, the Emirati founder of Hunar Gallery - one of the first contemporary art galleries in Dubai - Ayjad opened its doors yesterday.
Currently the space is home to only two artists but they happen to be two of the greatest Emirati artists in existence. Head to the Dubai International Financial Centre space now and check out works by Abdul Qader Al Rais and Dr Najjat Makki.
- My UAE: Yousef Shaker, coach of the UAE rugby sevens team
- Emmy nominations announced
- Wildcat Currency by Edward Castronova is about real-world currencies versus virtual money
- Ask Ali: Is it business as usual during the Holy Month? And what are the best way of handling customers’ complaints here in the UAE?
- Seeing the light: what the new energy-efficient bulbs mean for customers – and the planet
- The women’s majlis: Fulfilment is a step out from the crowd