Oscars 2014 ceremony gets rescheduled
Hugo Berger | April 1, 2013
Amy Sancetta STF
You know the dilemma. On one TV channel a prestigious film awards ceremony is about to begin.
Meanwhile, on another, a snow-themed, international sporting gala is mid-broadcast. You want to watch both, but this scheduling clash has created a seemingly insolvable quandary. What to do?
Well, with such a predicament in mind, the organisers of the Academy Awards have announced they are to put back the date of next year’s show to avoid competing for airtime with the Winter Olympics.
The Oscars usually happen in the last week of February. But with the Winter Olympics in Russia already taking place from February 7 to 23, the Academy has postponed next year’s ceremony until March 2.
While their date has been revised, their time of broadcast remains the same, meaning as they’ll be shown in the UAE at such an unearthly hour, most of us will sleep through the whole thing anyway.
- Desi girl: Henna’s cultural, commercial and wishful connotations
- Döner & Gyros sandwich shop to open in Dubai
- Abood and the Freej ladies series are coming to Emirates Palace
- Album review: Common – Nobody’s Smiling
- The cast of Al Ikhwa talks about their filming experience in Abu Dhabi
- Woody Allen back in the spotlight with Magic in the Moonlight