Oscars 2014 ceremony gets rescheduled
Hugo Berger | April 1, 2013
Amy Sancetta STF
You know the dilemma. On one TV channel a prestigious film awards ceremony is about to begin.
Meanwhile, on another, a snow-themed, international sporting gala is mid-broadcast. You want to watch both, but this scheduling clash has created a seemingly insolvable quandary. What to do?
Well, with such a predicament in mind, the organisers of the Academy Awards have announced they are to put back the date of next year’s show to avoid competing for airtime with the Winter Olympics.
The Oscars usually happen in the last week of February. But with the Winter Olympics in Russia already taking place from February 7 to 23, the Academy has postponed next year’s ceremony until March 2.
While their date has been revised, their time of broadcast remains the same, meaning as they’ll be shown in the UAE at such an unearthly hour, most of us will sleep through the whole thing anyway.
- ADFF special guest, Charlie Chaplin’s granddaughter, has made her mark in the film industry
- Seven classic restored films to show at Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2014
- The Arab film world premiers showing at Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2014
- The celebrities, shows and exhibitions in store at World of Fashion at Dubai’s Mall of the Emirates
- Benedict Cumberbatch shooting for top secret BBC project
- Five of Hollywood’s hottest young actors featuring in ADFF 2014