Opening night at Birth of a Museum
Nadia El Dasher | April 22, 2013
Last night we had a sneak preview of the latest exhibition to hit Manarat Al Saadiyat: Birth of a Museum.
The exhibit, which is open for visitors from today until 20 July, 2013, includes around 130 acquired pieces which will make up a part of the Louvre Abu Dhabi's permanent collection.
It was a treat to see the support from HH Sheikh Hazza Bin Zayed Al Nahyan and the French Culture Minister Aurelie Filippetti, who were there on the night (see photo above).
The turnout was huge, with some of the most stylish people in town making an appearance begging the question "where do they hide out the rest of the year?"
Birth of a museum, Manarat Al Saadiyat, open daily from 9am to 8pm, 02 657 5800
- Sheikha Hoor chosen for the curator position of next year’s Venice Biennale
- Sarah Geronimo bringing her Perfect 10 concert to Abu Dhabi
- Video: Penn in Caracas, Dench nominated for theater honor
- Sharjah March Meeting this weekend
- A Long Way Home tells of Saroo Brierley’s 25-year quest to find the mother he was separated from
- Album review: Pharrell Williams – GIRLS