Omid Djalili tickles Dubai
Felicity Campbell | October 12, 2013
Duncan Chard Photographer
Funny man Omid Djalili tickled the Dubai crowd at the World Trade Centre last night with an act that had the audience laughing out loud.
Performing to a packed hall, the comedian entertained with a set that dealt with relationships and the divide between men and women.
Every so often Djalili would treat the crowd to some "Middle Eastern" dancing wiggling his shoulders and swinging his hips as a burst of Persian music blasted through the speakers.
For an audience used to somewhat more conservative acts, Djalili's dry, boundary pushing humour was delightfully refreshing.
- Five things to do today: See the exhibition Vantage Point Sharjah 2
- Secrets of the cloud unlocked
- In pictures: Stills from the collection of films from Words with God
- Holly to Bolly: Little Monsters in UAE receive YouTube message from soon-to-arrive Lady Gaga
- A dish best served cold: A look into the increasingly popular raw-food movement
- David Hasselhoff to help judge Arab Film Studio short film competition