Omid Djalili tickles Dubai
Felicity Campbell | October 12, 2013
Duncan Chard Photographer
Funny man Omid Djalili tickled the Dubai crowd at the World Trade Centre last night with an act that had the audience laughing out loud.
Performing to a packed hall, the comedian entertained with a set that dealt with relationships and the divide between men and women.
Every so often Djalili would treat the crowd to some "Middle Eastern" dancing wiggling his shoulders and swinging his hips as a burst of Persian music blasted through the speakers.
For an audience used to somewhat more conservative acts, Djalili's dry, boundary pushing humour was delightfully refreshing.
- Tips for an easy transition back to school
- A look at one of the big-ticket items on the back-to-school list – uniforms
- Graphic: Lunches kids will love
- UAE back-to-school purchases ranging from necessary to neato
- Five things to do today: have fun at The Beach Waterpark and visit the Al Ain night zoo.
- J K Rowling publishes another Harry Potter story