Omid Djalili tickles Dubai
Felicity Campbell | October 12, 2013
Duncan Chard Photographer
Funny man Omid Djalili tickled the Dubai crowd at the World Trade Centre last night with an act that had the audience laughing out loud.
Performing to a packed hall, the comedian entertained with a set that dealt with relationships and the divide between men and women.
Every so often Djalili would treat the crowd to some "Middle Eastern" dancing wiggling his shoulders and swinging his hips as a burst of Persian music blasted through the speakers.
For an audience used to somewhat more conservative acts, Djalili's dry, boundary pushing humour was delightfully refreshing.
- Bumblefoot talks heavy metal and hot sauce
- The road to recovery: a first-hand account of beating chronic fatigue syndrome
- The women’s majlis: Eid is the happiest of family times
- Drew Barrymore’s half-sister found dead
- Road test: 2014 Jaguar XJR
- The cars are the stars at Los Angeles’s Petersen Automotive Museum