Omid Djalili tickles Dubai
Felicity Campbell | October 12, 2013
Duncan Chard Photographer
Funny man Omid Djalili tickled the Dubai crowd at the World Trade Centre last night with an act that had the audience laughing out loud.
Performing to a packed hall, the comedian entertained with a set that dealt with relationships and the divide between men and women.
Every so often Djalili would treat the crowd to some "Middle Eastern" dancing wiggling his shoulders and swinging his hips as a burst of Persian music blasted through the speakers.
For an audience used to somewhat more conservative acts, Djalili's dry, boundary pushing humour was delightfully refreshing.
- 5 things to do today: order a golden roasted turkey and head to Kris Kros with your Movember ‘tache
- Dubai’s Just White Dental Clinic offers short-term orthodontics
- 11 of the best musical moments during the F1 weekend
- Nespresso recipe: Coffee Glazed Short Rib of Beef with Nespresso’s Fortissio Lungo Grand Cru Coffee
- Nespresso’s guide to cooking with coffee beyond desserts
- Twinings still making tea history 300 years on