Omid Djalili tickles Dubai
Felicity Campbell | October 12, 2013
Duncan Chard Photographer
Funny man Omid Djalili tickled the Dubai crowd at the World Trade Centre last night with an act that had the audience laughing out loud.
Performing to a packed hall, the comedian entertained with a set that dealt with relationships and the divide between men and women.
Every so often Djalili would treat the crowd to some "Middle Eastern" dancing wiggling his shoulders and swinging his hips as a burst of Persian music blasted through the speakers.
For an audience used to somewhat more conservative acts, Djalili's dry, boundary pushing humour was delightfully refreshing.
- Home improvements: Take the flaws out of floors
- On the market: two-bedroom apartment on Reem Island
- In pictures: Two-bedroom apartment on Reem Island
- 5 things to do today: see L’Ile aux 160 Erreurs exhibition in Dubai
- Daniel Radcliffe unlikely to play Harry Potter again
- The Emperor 1688 wins in the regional menswear round of the International Woolmark Prize