Omid Djalili tickles Dubai
Felicity Campbell | October 12, 2013
Duncan Chard Photographer
Funny man Omid Djalili tickled the Dubai crowd at the World Trade Centre last night with an act that had the audience laughing out loud.
Performing to a packed hall, the comedian entertained with a set that dealt with relationships and the divide between men and women.
Every so often Djalili would treat the crowd to some "Middle Eastern" dancing wiggling his shoulders and swinging his hips as a burst of Persian music blasted through the speakers.
For an audience used to somewhat more conservative acts, Djalili's dry, boundary pushing humour was delightfully refreshing.
- 15 must-do activities in April
- Jazz singer Rouba Zeidan just couldn’t turn her back on recording
- Michel Fadel is tickling the ivories at the Abu Dhabi Festival’s last show
- Abu Dhabi Festival falls in love with American Ballet Theatre’s splendid Coppélia
- Stephen Colbert gets into a Twitter tizzy about sensitivity and satire
- Newly developed Kurt Cobain photos show suicide scene