New York Fashion Week Day 3 – Chado Ralph Rucci
Gemma Champ | September 10, 2012
It was a starry fashion crowd at Chado Ralph Rucci, with Carmen Dell’Orefice and Project Runway’s J Alexander among the front-row celebs enjoying this strong collection.
As ever, his pieces were big on glamour, but the classic shapes – round-necked, crop-sleeved jackets, shapely shift dresses, raglan-sleeved A-line coats – were brought right up to date with sporty fabrics and a powerful palette of fluorescent orange, yellow, pink and black.
Fluoro-coloured panels were slashed dramatically through coats and dresses, as well as on a drapey caftan-like dress, but it wasn’t all about colour-blocking: luminous feathers exploded out of a jacket sleeve or covered an entire dress, and the beautiful closing look featured a skirt of cream satin hand-painted in a giant brush swirl.
- Christopher Walken will be part of Disney’s Jungle Book remake
- Waxwork-themed Taste of Fame eatery in Dubai’s Sunset Mall: get kitschy with George Clooney
- Middle Eastern highlights at the Edinburgh festivals
- Point of View frontman Nikhil Uzgare: “Playing with Guns N’ Roses’ Bumblefoot is a dream come true”
- Monkey tricks à la Planet of the Apes
- Film review: the troubles and triumphs of Tammy