New York Fashion Week Day 3 – Chado Ralph Rucci
Gemma Champ | September 10, 2012
It was a starry fashion crowd at Chado Ralph Rucci, with Carmen Dell’Orefice and Project Runway’s J Alexander among the front-row celebs enjoying this strong collection.
As ever, his pieces were big on glamour, but the classic shapes – round-necked, crop-sleeved jackets, shapely shift dresses, raglan-sleeved A-line coats – were brought right up to date with sporty fabrics and a powerful palette of fluorescent orange, yellow, pink and black.
Fluoro-coloured panels were slashed dramatically through coats and dresses, as well as on a drapey caftan-like dress, but it wasn’t all about colour-blocking: luminous feathers exploded out of a jacket sleeve or covered an entire dress, and the beautiful closing look featured a skirt of cream satin hand-painted in a giant brush swirl.
- UAE autism documentary, As One, to premiere at ADFF 2014 on Saturday
- Rudimental headline Yas Viceroy Formula 1 afterparties
- ADFF 2014 to showcase prize-winning movies from world over
- Why Ali F Mostafa’s ADFF 2014 opening movie, From A to B, is a landmark for Emirati film
- UAE comedian Nitin Mirani Funniest Person in the World competition interview
- Festival to honour pair of filmmakers with Career Achievement Awards