New York Fashion Week Day 3 – Chado Ralph Rucci
Gemma Champ | September 10, 2012
It was a starry fashion crowd at Chado Ralph Rucci, with Carmen Dell’Orefice and Project Runway’s J Alexander among the front-row celebs enjoying this strong collection.
As ever, his pieces were big on glamour, but the classic shapes – round-necked, crop-sleeved jackets, shapely shift dresses, raglan-sleeved A-line coats – were brought right up to date with sporty fabrics and a powerful palette of fluorescent orange, yellow, pink and black.
Fluoro-coloured panels were slashed dramatically through coats and dresses, as well as on a drapey caftan-like dress, but it wasn’t all about colour-blocking: luminous feathers exploded out of a jacket sleeve or covered an entire dress, and the beautiful closing look featured a skirt of cream satin hand-painted in a giant brush swirl.
- World premiere of Big Hero 6 in 3D to close Abu Dhabi Film Festival
- The child stars at ADFF 2014
- Long and short of it: expert advice on the problems short films encounter
- Capital gains in Canberra, Australia
- Steven Naifeh’s return to art
- Mohamed Assaf in the running for a for Best World Wide Act at MTV European Music Awards (EMA)