New York Fashion Week Day 3 – Chado Ralph Rucci
Gemma Champ | September 10, 2012
It was a starry fashion crowd at Chado Ralph Rucci, with Carmen Dell’Orefice and Project Runway’s J Alexander among the front-row celebs enjoying this strong collection.
As ever, his pieces were big on glamour, but the classic shapes – round-necked, crop-sleeved jackets, shapely shift dresses, raglan-sleeved A-line coats – were brought right up to date with sporty fabrics and a powerful palette of fluorescent orange, yellow, pink and black.
Fluoro-coloured panels were slashed dramatically through coats and dresses, as well as on a drapey caftan-like dress, but it wasn’t all about colour-blocking: luminous feathers exploded out of a jacket sleeve or covered an entire dress, and the beautiful closing look featured a skirt of cream satin hand-painted in a giant brush swirl.
- My UAE: Yousef Shaker, coach of the UAE rugby sevens team
- Emmy nominations announced
- Wildcat Currency by Edward Castronova is about real-world currencies versus virtual money
- Ask Ali: Is it business as usual during the Holy Month? And what are the best way of handling customers’ complaints here in the UAE?
- Seeing the light: what the new energy-efficient bulbs mean for customers – and the planet
- The women’s majlis: Fulfilment is a step out from the crowd