New York Fashion Week Day 2 - VLOV, Esber and Alejandro Ingelmo
Gemma Champ | September 9, 2012
An exclusive peek into the world of top fashion as our fashion expert Gemma Champ gives you a daily take on what’s happening, as it happens, during New York Fashion Week.
Even in New York, fashion isn’t all about well-established talents. Among the designers showing on Saturday was QingQing Wu, whose menswear collection VLOV offered beautiful tailoring in sweet pastel blue seersucker-style silks, linens and cottons, as well as airy shirts and soft-as-butter leathers.
Later, the Australian designers Christopher Esber and Ellery joined forces to show their similarly modernist collections, Esber’s all space-age white and shiny, and Ellery’s a more mid-century, feminine approach in glossy gold and neutrals.
Finally the shoe designer Alejandro Ingelmo showed a mix of killer heels with dramatic cutouts and stand-ups, and fluorescent or metallic trainers for men.
The end of another long day – and thank goodness we’re not wearing those heels on the Subway.
Read Gemma's coverage from New York Fashion Week including an exclusive interview with celebrity designer Victoria Beckham.
• Victoria Beckham shows her Californian side • NYFW Day 6: Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein show us how it’s done • NYFW Day 5 – Jenny Packham, Naeem Khan and Dennis Basso • NYFW Day 4 – Reem Acra • NYFW Day 3 – Donna Karan’s DKNY collection • New York Fashion Week 2012 Day 1
- 18 UAE-based artists put their artistic stamp on Gibson guitars for Vision of Sound exhibition
- Picking the right olive oil can really elevate your cooking
- Dubai International Film Festival begins looking for volunteers
- Michael Arnold’s first solo show depicts UAE buildings through a blend of architecture and art
- Married Life: Don’t put up with bad furniture if you value domestic happiness
- Downton Abbey leaps into a fifth season of secrets and scandal