New York Fashion Week Day 4 - Carolina Herrera
Gemma Champ | September 11, 2012
Richard Drew STF
Our daily update straight from our favourite fashion blogger at New York fashion week.
Pale and interesting[gallery link="file" orderby="rand"]
It was a fresh, refined start to Monday, as Carolina Herrera presented her audience (among whom were perennial fans Ivanka Trump and a white-suited Bianca Jagger) with a collection that was all about pared-back modernity.
An art deco swirl motif was used on belts and embellishments over simple drapey crepe frocks in icing blue, white, black and stone, and the colours in some outfits evoked a sunset over water: pale lavender grey or blue accented with coral orange and pink. More graphic pieces appeared too, with a slash of red or electric orange in the form of gazar dresses, lace blouses and skinny belts.
Naturally, Herrera’s eveningwear was sumptuous, but more understated than usual. Particularly lovely were a full silk cream skirt panelled with neon orange and a painterly print, and the delicately pretty pale pink dress worn by Karlie Kloss to close the show, lightly embellished at the neckline and cuffs in silver and coral.
Later, Carlos Miele showed a sassy collection of animal prints in silk and chiffon, including a vibrant tiger print used on bias-cut dresses and blouses, blue leopard print and black and white snow-leopard.
Subtle it was not, but the Brazilian designer knows how to ramp up the va-va-voom factor, and those for whom the season’s graphic designs and washy colours are a turn-off might well find some powerful glamour by prowling this collection.
Dine with Bigg Boss 7 winner Gauahar Khan in Dubai
- Brand New Heavies to play Barasti
- Ladies night every Thursday at Yas Waterworld
- Lloyd, Bobby V and Jeremih and Neverdogs to perform live at Atelier M official launch party
- Indian choreographer Raghav Juyal to perform at Abu Dhabi Electronics Shopper
- Video: Winfrey announces speaking tour, Crowe premieres ‘Noah’
- Thirty minutes of ‘Spider-Man 2’ shown at CinemaCon
- Snooki’s New Jersey wedding might be aired on MTV
- Ask Ali: explaining mandi and visiting Mecca
- Bollywood comedian Vir Das to debut History of India – VIRitten in Dubai
- Miloš Karadaglic makes magic during Abu Dhabi Festival debut