New York Fashion Week 2012 Day 3
Gemma Champ | September 10, 2012
An exclusive peek into the world of top fashion as our fashion expert Gemma Champ gives you a daily take on what’s happening, as it happens, during New York Fashion Week. Here is today’s coverage beginning with Lela Rose.
There was a lovely spring optimism at Lela Rose on Sunday morning, all pretty pastels, silvery lace, delicate line prints on soft white backgrounds, vibrant, juicy colours in patterns and neat-as-a-pin waisted silhouettes. Cocktail and evening frocks in springy silks were 50s-pretty: they wouldn’t have looked amiss on Grace Kelly, and they’re certainly going to look good in the Hamptons in 2013.
Across town in the West Village, Catherine Malandrino’s presentation went for similar shades – yellow, duck-egg, white and pastels – but to much sportier effects.
Sweet leather peaked caps, neat form-fitting little jackets in leather laser-cut with graphic patterns, tribally studded dresses and zig-zag panelling came together for a punchy, confident collection.
- Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2014: award-winning Cannes director wants to meet regional filmmakers; The worst football team in the world; Nujoom Al Ganem wants international audience; Magical Girl is not for the fainthearted
- Mansour and the Superheroes to take to the ice this winter
- Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2014: Festival volunteer turns star; how to get Johnny Knoxville into your short film; From A to B sells out
- ADFF buzz: Celebrities and Cuban rhythms at Emirates Palaces opening night party
- ADFF buzz: Stylish crowd celebrates opening night in Emirates Palace’s graceful garden
- Of Many is an inspiring movie that shows religious tolerance in practice
- Celebrating unity: a UAE-made documentary on religious understanding is making waves in the wider world
- Super Lochal: giving birth to a film superheroine in Abu Dhabi
- Bowls, plates and tulips: artists remember Iran’s stolen youth
- 5 things to do today: visit a exhibition and relax at ESPA
- Emirates Opera Project prepares to launch its new season