New York Fashion Week 2012 Day 3
Gemma Champ | September 10, 2012
An exclusive peek into the world of top fashion as our fashion expert Gemma Champ gives you a daily take on what’s happening, as it happens, during New York Fashion Week. Here is today’s coverage beginning with Lela Rose.
There was a lovely spring optimism at Lela Rose on Sunday morning, all pretty pastels, silvery lace, delicate line prints on soft white backgrounds, vibrant, juicy colours in patterns and neat-as-a-pin waisted silhouettes. Cocktail and evening frocks in springy silks were 50s-pretty: they wouldn’t have looked amiss on Grace Kelly, and they’re certainly going to look good in the Hamptons in 2013.
Across town in the West Village, Catherine Malandrino’s presentation went for similar shades – yellow, duck-egg, white and pastels – but to much sportier effects.
Sweet leather peaked caps, neat form-fitting little jackets in leather laser-cut with graphic patterns, tribally studded dresses and zig-zag panelling came together for a punchy, confident collection.
- Mira Nair and Bahman Ghobadi talk about their films in Words with Gods – a compilation of nine shorts on faith
- In pictures: Tools for raw food at home
- After 3-year absence, Abu Dhabi Classics is returning
- Five things to do today: Enjoy new culinary creations at La Porte des Indes and train like a racing pro with Get Driver Fit
- Abu Dhabi’s Art House Cafe is ‘haven of peace and tranquillity’
- Album review: Amy Grant – In Motion – The Remixes