New York Fashion Week 2012 Day 3
Gemma Champ | September 10, 2012
An exclusive peek into the world of top fashion as our fashion expert Gemma Champ gives you a daily take on what’s happening, as it happens, during New York Fashion Week. Here is today’s coverage beginning with Lela Rose.
There was a lovely spring optimism at Lela Rose on Sunday morning, all pretty pastels, silvery lace, delicate line prints on soft white backgrounds, vibrant, juicy colours in patterns and neat-as-a-pin waisted silhouettes. Cocktail and evening frocks in springy silks were 50s-pretty: they wouldn’t have looked amiss on Grace Kelly, and they’re certainly going to look good in the Hamptons in 2013.
Across town in the West Village, Catherine Malandrino’s presentation went for similar shades – yellow, duck-egg, white and pastels – but to much sportier effects.
Sweet leather peaked caps, neat form-fitting little jackets in leather laser-cut with graphic patterns, tribally studded dresses and zig-zag panelling came together for a punchy, confident collection.
- ADFF special guest, Charlie Chaplin’s granddaughter, has made her mark in the film industry
- Seven classic restored films to show at Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2014
- The Arab film world premiers showing at Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2014
- The celebrities, shows and exhibitions in store at World of Fashion at Dubai’s Mall of the Emirates
- Benedict Cumberbatch shooting for top secret BBC project
- Five of Hollywood’s hottest young actors featuring in ADFF 2014