Musicians Hall of Fame inducts Buddy Guy and Peter Frampton
Saeed Saeed | January 29, 2014
Evan Agostini INVL
The Musicians Hall of Fame has inducted a bunch of new names to its hallowed roster.
Bluesman Buddy Guy, British guitarist Peter Frampton and country singer Barbara Mandrell are some of the dozen luminaries inducted in a special ceremony in Nashville last night.
Other names on the list include Randy Bachman (from Bachman Turner Overdrive), bass guitarist Will Lee and rhythm guitarist Corki Casey O’Dell.
Posthumous inductions were given to blues legend Stevie Ray Vaughan and his band Double Trouble in addition to peddle-steel guitarist Ben Keith.
“I don’t like the words rockstar or superstar,” said Bachman after the induction ceremony.
“I am a guitar player, a songwriter who got lucky because I stayed at it and didn’t give up, long enough that people noticed me.”
- Bumblefoot talks heavy metal and hot sauce
- The road to recovery: a first-hand account of beating chronic fatigue syndrome
- The women’s majlis: Eid is the happiest of family times
- Drew Barrymore’s half-sister found dead
- Road test: 2014 Jaguar XJR
- The cars are the stars at Los Angeles’s Petersen Automotive Museum