Musicians Hall of Fame inducts Buddy Guy and Peter Frampton
Saeed Saeed | January 29, 2014
Evan Agostini INVL
The Musicians Hall of Fame has inducted a bunch of new names to its hallowed roster.
Bluesman Buddy Guy, British guitarist Peter Frampton and country singer Barbara Mandrell are some of the dozen luminaries inducted in a special ceremony in Nashville last night.
Other names on the list include Randy Bachman (from Bachman Turner Overdrive), bass guitarist Will Lee and rhythm guitarist Corki Casey O’Dell.
Posthumous inductions were given to blues legend Stevie Ray Vaughan and his band Double Trouble in addition to peddle-steel guitarist Ben Keith.
“I don’t like the words rockstar or superstar,” said Bachman after the induction ceremony.
“I am a guitar player, a songwriter who got lucky because I stayed at it and didn’t give up, long enough that people noticed me.”
- For Eid this year, give the kids one of these nifty gifts
- Five things to do today: try a beginner’s yoga class and check out a photo exhibition
- Celeb speak at Dolce & Gabbana’s Alta Moda
- Emirati artist Zeinab Alhashemi combines her experience in graphic design with her love for art
- New medical drama The Night Shift picks up where ER left off
- Fargo gets second season on FX with new cast