Exclusive birthday bash at Monte-Carlo Beach Club
Sarah Ferguson | October 14, 2013
The Monte Carlo Beach Club company celebrates 150 years in 2013. Courtesy Monte Carlo Beach Club
Kiko Navarro is one of six international DJs appearing at a glitzy event celebrating 150 years of Monte Carlo SBM, which also coinicides with Monte-Carlo Beach Club's second birthday.
Billed as "Abu Dhabi's most extravagant party", the event on Saadiyat Island on Friday, October 25 honours 150 years of the beach club's parent company, Monte Carlo SBM (Societe des bains de mer de Monaco) which owns luxury hotels all over the world.
Entertainment is courtesy of the Spanish house DJ Kiko Navarro, formerly of Pacha and known for his song Sonando Contigo, and Skybar's MaDJam from Beirut, among others.
VIP guests and club members can expect canapes from the chef Paolo Sari, flying in from Monaco especially for the event, live jazz music and an exhibition on the conception of Monaco 150 years ago.
From 9.30pm, members of the public are invited to join the festivities around the pool with acts including fire-breathing dancers, and enter into a competition to win a trip to Monaco.
The general manager of the beach club, Bill Loveday, says: "This is one of the biggest events we have organised at the club since its opening in 2011 and is sure to be one of the best parties Abu Dhabi has ever seen."
Tickets can be purchased from Dh200.
For more information, visit www.montecarlobeachclub.ae
Paris Haute Couture Week back with Versace, Armani and more
- Paris Haute Couture Week: Giambattista Valli’s stripes and flowers
- Paris Haute Couture Week: Schiaparelli’s controlled eccentricity
- Paris Haute Couture Week: Fashion’s president Didier Grumbach steps down
- Dubai’s The Emperor 1688 win regional final of the Woolmark Prize
More from Arts & Culture
- My Kind of Place: Bratislava, Slovakia
- Nakkash Gallery keeping it in the family
- My UAE: Yousef Shaker, coach of the UAE rugby sevens team
- Emmy nominations announced
- Wildcat Currency by Edward Castronova is about real-world currencies versus virtual money
- Ask Ali: Is it business as usual during the Holy Month? And what are the best way of handling customers’ complaints here in the UAE?