Local Singer-Songwriters come to The Fridge
Saeed Saeed | October 27, 2013
Some of the UAE’s best singer-songwriters will converge at The Fridge tomorrow as part of a special musical showcase.
Held in in intimate venue Al Quoz, a range of promising talents will take the stage to perform sets of original material.
“It is a relaxed and intimate environment to hear some of Dubai's best music,” explains the night’s co-host Harrison Rice.
“It is also an opportunity to connect more closely with the songs themselves for those who wonder what goes into envisioning music and bringing it to life.”
Artist and co-host Sach Holden says The Fridge’s chilled vibe is ideal for sensitive singer-songwriters.
“The audience can expect to feel a surprisingly strong tug on their heartstrings,” he says.
“ The passionate singer songwriters have been carefully handpicked by the discerning minds at The Fridge.”
The Singer-Songwriter Showcase is at The Fridge tomorrow. Alserkal Avenue, Unit 5, Al Quoz 1, Street 8, Dubai. Doors open at 7:30 pm, music starts at 8pm. Tickets are Dh50 per person. Dh25 for students and free for those under 18 years of age. For more information go to: www.thefridgedubai.com
More from Arts & Culture
- Five things to do today: See the exhibition Vantage Point Sharjah 2
- Secrets of the cloud unlocked
- In pictures: Stills from the collection of films from Words with God
- Holly to Bolly: Little Monsters in UAE receive YouTube message from soon-to-arrive Lady Gaga
- A dish best served cold: A look into the increasingly popular raw-food movement
- David Hasselhoff to help judge Arab Film Studio short film competition