Kenya, France, US and UK battle for rising star award
James Gabrillo | January 7, 2014
Kenya’s Lupita Nyong’o and France’s Lea Seydoux are among nominees for the British film academy’s Rising Star award.
Nyong’o made her film debut in 12 Years a Slave, while Seydoux starred in the Cannes prize-winner Blue is the Warmest Colour.
Other finalists include the US actor Dane DeHaan (Kill Your Darlings) and the British stars George MacKay (Sunshine on Leith) and Will Poulter (We’re the Millers).
The winner will be awarded during the British Academy Film Awards on February 16.
O1NE graffiti wall goes for Guinness World Record
- Lloyd, Bobby V and Jeremih and Neverdogs to perform live at Atelier M official launch party
- Ladies night every Thursday at Yas Waterworld
- Brand New Heavies to play Barasti
- Between the lines with Balkan screen legend Branko Djuric, star of 2001’s Oscar winner No Man’s Land
- Thirty minutes of ‘Spider-Man 2’ shown at CinemaCon
- Snooki’s New Jersey wedding might be aired on MTV
- Ask Ali: explaining mandi and visiting Mecca
- Bollywood comedian Vir Das to debut History of India – VIRitten in Dubai
- Miloš Karadaglic makes magic during Abu Dhabi Festival debut
- New album from Liverpool’s We Are Catchers proves you can’t beat Mersey music