JLo tones down Indonesia concert
Mai El Shoush | December 2, 2012
American pop star Jennifer Lopez, stayed true to her word and toned down both her steamy costumes and dance routines while performing to thousands of fans in Indonesia, the world’s most populous Muslim country. Lopez’s ‘Dance Again World Tour’ was performed in the country’s capital, Jakarta, on Friday, in line with promises Lopez made to make her show more appropriate for the audience, said Chairi Ibrahim from Dyandra Entertainment, the concert promoter.
“JLo was very cooperative ... she respected our culture,” Ibrahim said, adding that Lopez’s managers also asked whether she could perform her usual sexy dance moves, but were told certain moves were not appropriate for Indonesia.
The singer changed several times during her 90-minute concert along with several dancers, who also dressed modestly. “Thank you Jakarta for an amazing night,” the 43-year-old tweeted to her 13 million followers after the concert. Lopez will also perform in Muslim-majority Malaysia, on Sunday. - AP
- Cookapp looks beyond restaurants to connect chefs with diners
- Tommy Ramone of punk band Ramones dies
- Wanted: your stories of UAE’s World Cup moments for Image Nation documentary
- Observing Life: The truth about how food looks, what you get and how it tastes
- Stellar staycation packages, starting with Dubai’s Ottoman-inspired Jumeirah Zabeel Saray hotel
- In pictures: The week that was in Arts and Life ending July 12