Jason Carter performs tonight at The Fridge
Saeed Saeed | October 7, 2013
Jason Carter is the next act to perform tonight as part of The Fridge concert series.
British musician Jason Carter is back in Dubai; he was a former resident of the city from 1993 to 1996. The artist, currently residing in France, is part of the Jesser Al Wadi initiative linking community leaders with the wider community through music and education. Armed with his 18-string flamenco harp-guitar, Carter toured over 90 countries and performed in exotic locales including North Korea, Afghanistan and Uzbekistan.
“I’ll be coming with the new 18 string classical harp guitar,” he says. “For the first time I will be able to do all the flamenco and classical guitar material, as well as the looping pieces, all in one instrument. I will collaborate on The Fridge stage with local surprise guest artists.”
Jason Carter plays at The Fridge tonight with the support act being the UAE based harpist Teaguen Scott. Alserkal Avenue, Unit 5, Al Quoz 1, Street 8, Dubai. Doors open at 7:30 pm, music starts at 8pm. Tickets are Dh50 per person. Dh25 for students and free for those under 18 years of age. For more information go to: www.thefridgedubai.com
- Five things to do today: see a charity screening of a film and show your support for breast-cancer awareness
- Video: How to create a simple Hijab style for Eid
- Smart Shopper: Explore the stylish city of Hong Kong
- The new luxury destinations – Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan
- Epic adventures in New Zealand
- Melltoo Me the UAE’s new buying and selling app