Skating spectacular coming to Abu Dhabi
Hugo Berger | December 6, 2012
Final preparations are underway for an ice skating extravaganza at Zayed Sports City in Abu Dhabi this weekend.
On Friday and Saturday, 40 members of the Abu Dhabi Figure Skating team will demonstrate some of their elaborate routines.
A total of 15 different nationalities are taking part in the show, called Seasons on Ice, with the youngest performer being just five years old.
Zahra Lari, the young local star who is preparing to compete in the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic qualifiers, will also take to the ice as a central character.
Maria Gedeon of Zayed Sports City, said: “We are very proud of the previous sell out years and I can promise everyone that Seasons on Ice is going to be the best yet.
"The skaters have worked really hard on this year’s show with the new choreographer, Tunde Gal, who is also a professional skater and who has toured the world with some of the largest productions”
Gedeon added: “Every single person involved has out so much effort into this and we cannot wait for the public to come and see the skaters perform."
Tickets are on sale at Zayed Sports City outlets and online at www.BoxOfficeMe.com, costing Dh40 for children, Dh70 for adults and Dh140 for VIP entry. The shows take place at 5.30pm on Friday, December 7 and Saturday, December 8.
- After three-year absence, Abu Dhabi Classics is returning
- A dish best served cold: A look into the increasingly popular raw-food movement
- In pictures: Where to get your raw food fix in Abu Dhabi and Dubai
- Steps singer Lisa Scott-Lee launches Performing Arts Academy for kids in Dubai
- Mira Nair and Bahman Ghobadi discuss their films in Words with Gods – a set of nine shorts on faith
- Holly to Bolly: Little Monsters in UAE receive YouTube message from soon-to-arrive Lady Gaga