Help Sesame Street reach a billion views on YouTube
Saeed Saeed | February 16, 2013
Sesame Street is set to reach 1 billion views on You Tube.
The American children’s program, whose YouTube channel at the time of print garnered over 978 million views, is launching a campaign to reach the milestone.
On last Thursday’s episode the character Telly Monster urged viewers to keep that Youtube clicker ticking with a “top secret video to be unveiled” once the show reaches the one billion mark.
Terry Fitzpatrick, executive vice president of content and distribution for Sesame Workshop - the program’s production company - says the show's continued popularity is down to it’s accessibilty on multiple viewing platforms.
“We have this theory that if we get content on multiple platforms and devices, it gives kids and families a chance to reinforce and experience the curriculum multiple times,” he told the Associated Press.
“It blows me away to think about how popular and strong a platform (YouTube) has become for us.”
Since it’s debut on the American network PBS in 1970, Sesame Street has continued to enchant generations of children globally.
The channel’s most popular video is Elmo’s Song which clocked over 86 million views.
YouTube strategic partner manager Caitlin Hendrickson praised the program for it’s innovative use of the site.
“(Sesame Street) is proof of their outstanding leadership in this space and their creative use of YouTube,” she said.
World Cup Diary Day 26: When Belo Horizonte erupted
- Football diary: Germany’s Joachim Loew dreaming about Brazil
- World Cup Diary Day 24: Brazil fan’s World Cup final ticket saga
- World Cup Diary Day 23: Pope Francis, Spiderman and Rio’s cast of characters
- Paul the Octopus a hard act to follow; Maradona being Maradona; Ronaldo congratulates Klose
- The Script and Iggy Azalea at RedfestDXB 2015
- The hot list: The look of luxury
- Home improvements: Prepare for emergencies with a first-aid kit
- Bollywood star Akshay Kumar arrives in Abu Dhabi for film shoot
- On the market: Six-bedroom villa in Khalifa City, Abu Dhabi
- Five things to do today: try the Thai delicacies at Benjarong in the Dusit Thani Hotel