English edition of book by Sheikh Mohammed released
Afshan Ahmed | November 25, 2013
The English-language edition of the latest book by Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid, Vice President and Ruler of Dubai, was launched today. Sheikha Lubna Al Qasimi, UAE Minister of Development and International Cooperation, and other prominent media and business leaders attended the release of the book Flashes of Thought at American University in Dubai.
The book compiles the rulers ideas, principles and experiences in a leadership role and the development of Dubai and the country, along with his personal journey as an Arab statesman on an international platform.
“There are many examples of leaders, but there are very few who transform a whole society,” said Al Qasimi at the launch.
“Mohammed bin Rashid’s biggest drive is to create more leaders. As for me, I am a student of leadership at the University of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed.
“This a most inspiring book for people to read on a daily basis. This book is a journey for all of us. The change starts within us -- as long as we look at the wisdom and philosophy in this book and try to change our lives by learning from these lessons. The journey starts with ourselves.”
The launch was followed by a panel discussion, which was attended by more than 900 students.
- Russian black comedy Leviathan is riding a wave of success
- Maraya art residency programme is accepting submissions again
- NYUAD unveils its art gallery with show of seminal works
- Talking to the two women behind the 1,600 faces in Happy New Year
- Akshay Kumar talks about filming in Abu Dhabi and being a fan of his director Neeraj Pandey
- World premiere of Big Hero 6 in 3D to close Abu Dhabi Film Festival