English edition of book by Sheikh Mohammed released
Afshan Ahmed | November 25, 2013
The English-language edition of the latest book by Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid, Vice President and Ruler of Dubai, was launched today. Sheikha Lubna Al Qasimi, UAE Minister of Development and International Cooperation, and other prominent media and business leaders attended the release of the book Flashes of Thought at American University in Dubai.
The book compiles the rulers ideas, principles and experiences in a leadership role and the development of Dubai and the country, along with his personal journey as an Arab statesman on an international platform.
“There are many examples of leaders, but there are very few who transform a whole society,” said Al Qasimi at the launch.
“Mohammed bin Rashid’s biggest drive is to create more leaders. As for me, I am a student of leadership at the University of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed.
“This a most inspiring book for people to read on a daily basis. This book is a journey for all of us. The change starts within us -- as long as we look at the wisdom and philosophy in this book and try to change our lives by learning from these lessons. The journey starts with ourselves.”
The launch was followed by a panel discussion, which was attended by more than 900 students.
- Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2014: award-winning Cannes director wants to meet regional filmmakers; The worst football team in the world; Nujoom Al Ganem wants international audience; Magical Girl is not for the fainthearted
- Mansour and the Superheroes to take to the ice this winter
- Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2014: Festival volunteer turns star; how to get Johnny Knoxville into your short film; From A to B sells out
- ADFF buzz: Celebrities and Cuban rhythms at Emirates Palaces opening night party
- ADFF buzz: Stylish crowd celebrates opening night in Emirates Palace’s graceful garden
- Super Lochal: giving birth to a film superheroine in Abu Dhabi
- Celebrating unity: a UAE-made documentary on religious understanding is making waves in the wider world
- Of Many is an inspiring movie that shows religious tolerance in practice
- Bowls, plates and tulips: artists remember Iran’s stolen youth
- 5 things to do today: visit a exhibition and relax at ESPA
- Emirates Opera Project prepares to launch its new season