F1 art events
Anna Seaman | October 27, 2013
A host of art related events are kicking off this week ahead of the Formula One Grand Prix set to take place next weekend.
Tachi Pintor, a renowned Spanish artist will be unveiling a Formula 1-themed exhibition tonight at Abu Dhabi’s Etihad Towers with portraits of drivers Sebastian Vettel, Lewis Hamilton -and Fernando Alonso. He will also reveal a portrait of the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan after which he will proceed to paint a portrait of Khaled Al Qubaisi, the first Emirati driver to compete in the legendary 24 Hours of Le Mans at Circuit de la Sarthe in France.
It marks the first in a swathe of venues celebrating the annual arrival of the world’s largest motorsport event, which will start on November 1st on Yas Island and will see three days of racing as well as many post-race activities such as the much lauded music concerts that this year include Muse, Depeche Mode and Jay-Z.
In Le Royal Meridien in the capital’s city centre, Armin Flossdorf, a young artist from Germany will showcase his collection of works of Formula 1 cars in action.
Flossdorf began painting F1 cars, 10 years ago after attending his first race and was given the seal of approval by Bernie Ecclestone himself who bought a painting that Flossdorf had painted of him with the late F1 legend Ayrton Senna.
His work will be on show in the Abu Dhabi hotel for four days and Flossdorf will open the exhibition with a live painting show where he will create one of his action paintings in a few hours on Thursday evening.
“Art is one of the key passion points for Le Méridien hotels worldwide and we are excited to host Armin and are sure that our guests as well as public will love his creations as they are unique in terms of his style and creative process,” says Shaun Parsons the general manager of Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi.
* Tachi Pintor Art Exhibition will be on display daily in Etihad Towers in 6th November 2013.
* Armin Flossdorf works will be on exhibit from 31st October to 03rd November at Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi and can be viewed on www.F1arts.com
- For Eid this year, give the kids one of these nifty gifts
- Five things to do today: try a beginner’s yoga class and check out a photo exhibition
- Celeb speak at Dolce & Gabbana’s Alta Moda
- Emirati artist Zeinab Alhashemi combines her experience in graphic design with her love for art
- New medical drama The Night Shift picks up where ER left off
- Fargo gets second season on FX with new cast