On location with an Emirati hip-hop artist
Mai El Shoush | August 15, 2012
Miami-born Emirati hip-hop artist Hussain 'Sain' Hashim's latest single '1990' will be released next week. Look out for him filming the music video beginning today from Dubai and ending in Abu Dhabi over the weekend featuring his real family and friends. Last May, Sain was featured in our cover story about the 10 UAE artists to watch out for (Home in on the homegrown: UAE's top 10 talents). He has also worked with award-winning French rapper Abd al Malik. The new song 1990, is an ode to the year of his birth. The video is produced by Creative Lab ME, a subsidiary of TwoFour54, Abu Dhabi Media Authority, as part of their efforts to support local talent - along with Co-Sign, the Dubai-based record label. The video will be released to MTV in September.
"Being born in the 1990's is a great blessing. That decade was the greatest in hip-hop music and growing up, I was influenced by all the artists of that era," said Sain. "I want to have an international remix with several artists from around the world born in the 90's!"
The song is produced by Rated Music and recorded at Flicker Studios.
His debut music video 'Who's Sain" premiered last year and has attracted thousands of Youtube hits. www.officialsain.com
Dine with Bigg Boss 7 winner Gauahar Khan in Dubai
- Flash Mob enthrals visitors at Mall of the Emirates
- Hannah Montana actor Jason Earles shares acting tips with pupils at GEMS schools
- Lloyd, Bobby V and Jeremih and Neverdogs to perform live at Atelier M official launch party
- Otters paint at Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo
- 15 must-do activities in April
- Jazz singer Rouba Zeidan just couldn’t turn her back on recording
- Michel Fadel is tickling the ivories at the Abu Dhabi Festival’s last show
- Abu Dhabi Festival falls in love with American Ballet Theatre’s splendid Coppélia
- Stephen Colbert gets into a Twitter tizzy about sensitivity and satire
- Newly developed Kurt Cobain photos show suicide scene