On location with an Emirati hip-hop artist
Mai El Shoush | August 15, 2012
Miami-born Emirati hip-hop artist Hussain 'Sain' Hashim's latest single '1990' will be released next week. Look out for him filming the music video beginning today from Dubai and ending in Abu Dhabi over the weekend featuring his real family and friends. Last May, Sain was featured in our cover story about the 10 UAE artists to watch out for (Home in on the homegrown: UAE's top 10 talents). He has also worked with award-winning French rapper Abd al Malik. The new song 1990, is an ode to the year of his birth. The video is produced by Creative Lab ME, a subsidiary of TwoFour54, Abu Dhabi Media Authority, as part of their efforts to support local talent - along with Co-Sign, the Dubai-based record label. The video will be released to MTV in September.
"Being born in the 1990's is a great blessing. That decade was the greatest in hip-hop music and growing up, I was influenced by all the artists of that era," said Sain. "I want to have an international remix with several artists from around the world born in the 90's!"
The song is produced by Rated Music and recorded at Flicker Studios.
His debut music video 'Who's Sain" premiered last year and has attracted thousands of Youtube hits. www.officialsain.com
- Steven Naifeh’s return to art
- Mohamed Assaf in the running for a for Best World Wide Act at MTV European Music Awards (EMA)
- Review: Lucy Scholes’ The Book of Strange New Things
- What we’re reading: our picks of fiction and non-fiction
- Working things out for the best home office
- Review: Peter Ackroyd’s Charlie Chaplin biography