Egyptian teen star Sandy signs to EMI
Saeed Saeed | August 19, 2012
The Egyptian pop-singer Sandy has been snapped up by EMI Music Arabia.
With the major label behind her the young starlet is set to make an impression with her forthcoming album Ahsen Men Keteer.
Since her 2006 debut Kol Ma’arrab, spawning the self-titled hit, Sandy has been a regular fixture on both the Arabic pop charts.
Her 2010 song Hassal Khier was a hit across the region while the video amassed more than three million views on YouTube.
Ahsen Men Keteer has already generated interest courtesy of its lead single Awel Mara Atgara, featuring the Canadian-based Lebanese rapper Karl Wolf.
* Picture courtesy of EMI
- Wildcat Currency by Edward Castronova is about real-world currencies versus virtual money
- Ask Ali: Is it business as usual during the Holy Month? And what are the best way of handling customers’ complaints here in the UAE?
- Seeing the light: what the new energy-efficient bulbs mean for customers – and the planet
- The women’s majlis: Fulfilment is a step out from the crowd
- In pictures: Two-bedroom apartment on Reem Island
- My UAE: Yousef Shaker, the captain of the UAE rugby sevens team