Egyptian teen star Sandy signs to EMI
Saeed Saeed | August 19, 2012
The Egyptian pop-singer Sandy has been snapped up by EMI Music Arabia.
With the major label behind her the young starlet is set to make an impression with her forthcoming album Ahsen Men Keteer.
Since her 2006 debut Kol Ma’arrab, spawning the self-titled hit, Sandy has been a regular fixture on both the Arabic pop charts.
Her 2010 song Hassal Khier was a hit across the region while the video amassed more than three million views on YouTube.
Ahsen Men Keteer has already generated interest courtesy of its lead single Awel Mara Atgara, featuring the Canadian-based Lebanese rapper Karl Wolf.
* Picture courtesy of EMI
- The cast of Al Ikhwa talks about their filming experience in Abu Dhabi
- Emirati director tapped to participate in Cannes-previewed adaptation of The Prophet
- Desi girl: Henna’s cultural, commercial and wishful connotations
- Döner & Gyros sandwich shop to open in Dubai
- Warner Bros releases Mad Max: Fury Road trailer
- Characters from Freej TV series coming to Emirates Palace stage as part of the Abu Dhabi Summer Season