Egyptian teen star Sandy signs to EMI
Saeed Saeed | August 19, 2012
The Egyptian pop-singer Sandy has been snapped up by EMI Music Arabia.
With the major label behind her the young starlet is set to make an impression with her forthcoming album Ahsen Men Keteer.
Since her 2006 debut Kol Ma’arrab, spawning the self-titled hit, Sandy has been a regular fixture on both the Arabic pop charts.
Her 2010 song Hassal Khier was a hit across the region while the video amassed more than three million views on YouTube.
Ahsen Men Keteer has already generated interest courtesy of its lead single Awel Mara Atgara, featuring the Canadian-based Lebanese rapper Karl Wolf.
* Picture courtesy of EMI
- Mira Nair and Bahman Ghobadi talk about their films in Words with Gods – a compilation of nine shorts on faith
- In pictures: Tools for raw food at home
- After 3-year absence, Abu Dhabi Classics is returning
- Five things to do today: Enjoy new culinary creations at La Porte des Indes and train like a racing pro with Get Driver Fit
- Abu Dhabi’s Art House Cafe is ‘haven of peace and tranquillity’
- Album review: Amy Grant – In Motion – The Remixes