Dubai International Film Festival 2012: Cirque Du Soleil director takes UAE audiences to another world
Mai El Shoush | December 12, 2012
He gained critical acclaim for his 2001 directorial debut for Shrek, which went on to win the first Academy Award for Best Animated Feature. During Tuesday night’s gala screening at DIFF for his latest and much anticipated project ‘Cirque Du Soleil: Worlds Away 3D’, Andrew Adamson described it as a celebration of “dreams”.
Adamson, who also directed ‘The Chronicles of Narnia’, took to the stage just before Cirque Du Soleil: Worlds Away 3D screened to a packed audience at Madinat Arena, and said it all started with an idea.
“What first began as an experiment, turned into a celebration of life, of dreams and of how these performers make the impossible look effortless,” said Adamson. “Enjoy the dream that is Cirque Du Soleil.”
The impressive list of influential filmmakers tied to the feature film include executive producer James Cameron (Avatar, Titanic), producer Aron Warner (Shrek) and executive producer Jaques Methe (Michael Jackson. The Immortal World Tour 2012).
The star of the film, Erica Linz also made an appearance during the screening
- In pictures: Three-bedroom apartment on The Palm, Jumeirah
- On the market: Three-bedroom apartment on The Palm, Jumeirah
- My UAE: Emirati businesswoman Rahma Himid has unique dual perspective
- Exploring and understanding the importance of sleep
- China has a high-yield, but low-trust society, says author of Age of Ambition
- Malala Yousafzai a typical teen, but with tenacious self-belief, says her biographer