Anna Seaman | September 30, 2013
There is only a month to go until the newest addition on the arts and cultural calendar starts.
Downtown Design is an international trade fair bringing the world's best designers such as Cassina, Poltrona Frau and Vitra to the Middle East for the first time.
As well as leading designers, they will also have talks and seminars for industry insiders on every day of the fair and in the evenings, it is open to the public.
The top brands are being announced through regular news feeds on their website and we are most excited about Lisa Corti. This Italian designer was born in Africa and has travelled extensively in India. Her hand-made soft furnishings fuse the colours and patterns from these countries, with the quality of her Italian roots.
Check out the full programme and other news here: www.downtowndesign.com
* The fair runs from 29 October until 01 November
Ladies night every Thursday at Yas Waterworld
- Dine with Bigg Boss 7 winner Gauahar Khan in Dubai
- Brand New Heavies to play Barasti
- Lloyd, Bobby V and Jeremih and Neverdogs to perform live at Atelier M official launch party
- Hannah Montana actor Jason Earles shares acting tips with pupils at GEMS schools
- Video: Winfrey announces speaking tour, Crowe premieres ‘Noah’
- Thirty minutes of ‘Spider-Man 2’ shown at CinemaCon
- Snooki’s New Jersey wedding might be aired on MTV
- Ask Ali: explaining mandi and visiting Mecca
- Bollywood comedian Vir Das to debut History of India – VIRitten in Dubai
- Miloš Karadaglic makes magic during Abu Dhabi Festival debut