Anna Seaman | September 30, 2013
There is only a month to go until the newest addition on the arts and cultural calendar starts.
Downtown Design is an international trade fair bringing the world's best designers such as Cassina, Poltrona Frau and Vitra to the Middle East for the first time.
As well as leading designers, they will also have talks and seminars for industry insiders on every day of the fair and in the evenings, it is open to the public.
The top brands are being announced through regular news feeds on their website and we are most excited about Lisa Corti. This Italian designer was born in Africa and has travelled extensively in India. Her hand-made soft furnishings fuse the colours and patterns from these countries, with the quality of her Italian roots.
Check out the full programme and other news here: www.downtowndesign.com
* The fair runs from 29 October until 01 November
- My UAE: Yousef Shaker, coach of the UAE rugby sevens team
- Emmy nominations announced
- Wildcat Currency by Edward Castronova is about real-world currencies versus virtual money
- Ask Ali: Is it business as usual during the Holy Month? And what are the best way of handling customers’ complaints here in the UAE?
- Seeing the light: what the new energy-efficient bulbs mean for customers – and the planet
- The women’s majlis: Fulfilment is a step out from the crowd