Doha Tribeca Film Festival 2012: DFI's short animation Rain shines
Alex Ritman | November 21, 2012
One of the great things about film festivals is that you can finally watch the films you've been reading about since they were first announced. At the Doha Tribeca Film Festival, this was true with Rain, the short animation from the Doha Film Institute and first talked about last year.
Just 13 minutes long, Rain is based on regional folklore and tells the story of a man called Rain who journeys across a drought-stricken desert. Beautifully directed by Rahab El Ewaly, the short is given extra strength thanks to an enchanting soundtrack by Nitin Sawhney. Let's hope there's more of these to come from the region.
- Celebrities join in ALS Ice Bucket Challenge to fight disease
- In pictures: Celebrities do the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- Tips for an easy transition back to school
- A look at one of the big-ticket items on the back-to-school list – uniforms
- UAE back-to-school purchases ranging from necessary to neato
- Five things to do today: have fun at The Beach Waterpark and visit the Al Ain night zoo.