Doha Film Institute Launches Ajyal Youth Film Series in 2014
Afshan Ahmed | December 25, 2013
Doha Film Institute’s new programme of film screenings will be launched next year with the 1921 classic film The Kid.
The year round film series has launched the Ajyal Youth Film Series as part of the Katara DFI Cinema Programme. The series, which begins on January 2, is dedicated to engage the local community and support film appreciation in Qatar.
The KId, produced and directed by Charlie Chaplin, will be played on January 2 and 3. It will serve as a platform for local youth and families to participate in film appreciation in a fun and educational environment, create dialogue and learn about new cultures from around the world.
Two screenings will be held every month, showcasing a diverse selection of classics and contemporary international films. Screenings will take place on Thursday mornings and will be free for educational institutions and on Friday afternoons for the general public for regular screenings.
Tickets can be purchased at www.dohafilminstitute.com or from the Doha Film Institute Ticket Outlet at The Cultural Village Katara, Building 26.
- Nujoom Al Ganem on the ADFF red carpet - video
- The Emirati filmmaker Sara Alagroobi on ADFF red carpet - video
- Proud moment in UAE cinema as Ali F Mostafa’s From A to B opens ADFF
- Film review: Happy New Year
- Director Hassan Kiyany on his movie, Marwan the Boxer - video
- Remastered version of Mary Poppins to show at ADFF 2014