Doha Film Institute Launches Ajyal Youth Film Series in 2014
Afshan Ahmed | December 25, 2013
Doha Film Institute’s new programme of film screenings will be launched next year with the 1921 classic film The Kid.
The year round film series has launched the Ajyal Youth Film Series as part of the Katara DFI Cinema Programme. The series, which begins on January 2, is dedicated to engage the local community and support film appreciation in Qatar.
The KId, produced and directed by Charlie Chaplin, will be played on January 2 and 3. It will serve as a platform for local youth and families to participate in film appreciation in a fun and educational environment, create dialogue and learn about new cultures from around the world.
Two screenings will be held every month, showcasing a diverse selection of classics and contemporary international films. Screenings will take place on Thursday mornings and will be free for educational institutions and on Friday afternoons for the general public for regular screenings.
Tickets can be purchased at www.dohafilminstitute.com or from the Doha Film Institute Ticket Outlet at The Cultural Village Katara, Building 26.
Dine with Bigg Boss 7 winner Gauahar Khan in Dubai
- Brand New Heavies to play Barasti
- Ladies night every Thursday at Yas Waterworld
- Lloyd, Bobby V and Jeremih and Neverdogs to perform live at Atelier M official launch party
- Indian choreographer Raghav Juyal to perform at Abu Dhabi Electronics Shopper
- Video: Winfrey announces speaking tour, Crowe premieres ‘Noah’
- Thirty minutes of ‘Spider-Man 2’ shown at CinemaCon
- Snooki’s New Jersey wedding might be aired on MTV
- Ask Ali: explaining mandi and visiting Mecca
- Bollywood comedian Vir Das to debut History of India – VIRitten in Dubai
- Miloš Karadaglic makes magic during Abu Dhabi Festival debut