Charity Show for Beautiful People
Anna Seaman | May 14, 2013
A group of artists from a centre for special needs will exhibit their paintings tonight in the Al Badia Golf Club in Dubai's Festival City.
I'm Special... You're Special, is an exhibition from 18 artists from Mawaheb from Beautiful People, an art studio for adults with special needs based in Al Fahidi Historical Neighbourhood.
"My picture is a series of cartoons depicting our fun life together," says Abdullah Lutfi about his drawing of himself and his cousin Najeeb who he describes as "the most special person." For the exhibition, the students were asked to create paintings about the special people in their lives.
Leila Murgian, from Germany, painted her mother with angel wings. "Without my Mummy my life would be sad," she says. "My picture is an angel with pink coloured wings. I see an angel when I think of my Mum."
All proceeds from the exhibition will go towards the centre, which relies solely on donations and volunteers. It will also help to raise awareness about the talents of people with special needs.
* I'm Special... You're Special opens tomorrow, Wednesday 15th May at Art Couture at Al Badia Golf Club, Dubai Festival City. It runs from 10am until 10pm until May 31
- Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2014: award-winning Cannes director wants to meet regional filmmakers; The worst football team in the world; Nujoom Al Ganem wants international audience; Magical Girl is not for the fainthearted
- Mansour and the Superheroes to take to the ice this winter
- Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2014: Festival volunteer turns star; how to get Johnny Knoxville into your short film; From A to B sells out
- ADFF buzz: Celebrities and Cuban rhythms at Emirates Palaces opening night party
- ADFF buzz: Stylish crowd celebrates opening night in Emirates Palace’s graceful garden
- Of Many is an inspiring movie that shows religious tolerance in practice
- Super Lochal: giving birth to a film superheroine in Abu Dhabi
- Bowls, plates and tulips: artists remember Iran’s stolen youth
- 5 things to do today: visit a exhibition and relax at ESPA
- Celebrating unity: a UAE-made documentary on religious understanding is making waves in the wider world
- Emirates Opera Project prepares to launch its new season