Celebrate 100 years of Indian cinema with a classic poster
Alex Ritman | April 25, 2013
Indian cinema is celebrating 100 years this year (Happy Birthday Indian Cinema!) with various tributes being made in film festivals all over the world. But the celebrations shouldn’t simply be confined to big rooms full of industry bods. Why not bring the party to your lounge with a classic Bollywood poster.
Available from Gallery One, which has stores across Dubai, one in Abu Dhabi as well as online, the limited edition collection includes eight lithograph prints of movie posters painted between the 1960s and early 80s, including Hulchul, Mastan Dada, Ek Phool Do Mali and Pocket Mar. They’re not exactly cheap – starting at almost Dh2,400 – but are vastly more colourful and eye-catching than the usual Godfather or Scarface movie prints.
Check out www.g-1.com for more info.
- Bowls, plates and tulips: artists remember Iran’s stolen youth
- Big Hollywood stars come out for Broadway marathon
- Nujoom Al Ganem on the ADFF red carpet - video
- The Emirati filmmaker Sara Alagroobi on ADFF red carpet - video
- Proud moment in UAE cinema as Ali F Mostafa’s From A to B opens ADFF
- Film review: Happy New Year