Celebrate 100 years of Indian cinema with a classic poster
Alex Ritman | April 25, 2013
Indian cinema is celebrating 100 years this year (Happy Birthday Indian Cinema!) with various tributes being made in film festivals all over the world. But the celebrations shouldn’t simply be confined to big rooms full of industry bods. Why not bring the party to your lounge with a classic Bollywood poster.
Available from Gallery One, which has stores across Dubai, one in Abu Dhabi as well as online, the limited edition collection includes eight lithograph prints of movie posters painted between the 1960s and early 80s, including Hulchul, Mastan Dada, Ek Phool Do Mali and Pocket Mar. They’re not exactly cheap – starting at almost Dh2,400 – but are vastly more colourful and eye-catching than the usual Godfather or Scarface movie prints.
Check out www.g-1.com for more info.
- New Star Wars trilogy headed for Abu Dhabi?
- ADFF special guest, Charlie Chaplin’s granddaughter, has made her mark in the film industry
- Five of Hollywood’s hottest young actors featuring in ADFF 2014
- Dubai auction expects to break records, as sales of Middle East work attract more collectors
- Dubai comedian Nitin Mirani aiming to be crowned the World’s Funniest Person
- UAE’s Opera-pop’s first concert: blending classical opera with pop