Bruce Springsteen's new album leaked to high praise
Saeed Saeed | January 6, 2014
Bruce Springsteen's latest album may have leaked early but initial reviews has it rated as another stellar release.
An audio stream of High Hopes, the 18th album by the New Jersey singer-songwriter, found its way temporarily on Amazon hours before being formally available today as an internet-only pre-release from the CBS website.
Springsteen launched the marketing campaign with the American television channel whereby the album will be released online to American fans after the conclusion of tonight’s episode of the hit drama series The Good Wife.
Eager music critics with the Amazon leak found much to enjoy in The Boss’ latest foray.
“Once again, Springsteen is the minister in the chapel, offering guidance, sympathy and, occasionally, a raised fist of solidarity with the dispossessed,” remarked Tris McCall of The Star-Ledge.
Blogness on the Edge of Town writer Peter Chianca said the album eventually picks up steam.
“By the time that track draws to its haunting conclusion, you’ll likely find that despite the rocky start, the album’s familiar themes of hope, redemption and love’s ability to trump adversity have worked their magic the way they do on any good Springsteen release.”
A CBS spokesperson stated High Hopes will remain exclusively available on the channel’s website before the album is widely next Tuesday.
- Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2014: award-winning Cannes director wants to meet regional filmmakers; The worst football team in the world; Nujoom Al Ganem wants international audience; Magical Girl is not for the fainthearted
- Mansour and the Superheroes to take to the ice this winter
- Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2014: Festival volunteer turns star; how to get Johnny Knoxville into your short film; From A to B sells out
- ADFF buzz: Celebrities and Cuban rhythms at Emirates Palaces opening night party
- ADFF buzz: Stylish crowd celebrates opening night in Emirates Palace’s graceful garden
- Of Many is an inspiring movie that shows religious tolerance in practice
- Celebrating unity: a UAE-made documentary on religious understanding is making waves in the wider world
- Super Lochal: giving birth to a film superheroine in Abu Dhabi
- Bowls, plates and tulips: artists remember Iran’s stolen youth
- 5 things to do today: visit a exhibition and relax at ESPA
- Emirates Opera Project prepares to launch its new season