Blast from the past: 1970s games revived
James Gabrillo | December 28, 2013
Asteroids, Red Baron, Ninja Golf and Ms Pac-Man are back.
The Internet Archive this week launched its Console Living Room offering browser emulations of pre-Internet era video games which used to be played on consoles from firms like Atari, Coleco or Magnavox.
The initiative “harkens back to the revolution of the change in the hearth of the home, when the fireplace and later television were transformed by gaming consoles into a center of videogame entertainment,” says the web page devoted to the games.
- New Dubai cafe brings together classic rock music and coffee
- Five things to do today: customise your own burger and enjoy a seaplane tour
- Emirati designer Hessa Al Falasi refreshes the traditional abaya
- Palestinian artist showing physics-inspired exhibition in Dubai
- Holly to Bolly: Kimora Lee Simmons to host interactive style session in Dubai in August
- A history of the world in 100 objects: Solar-powered lamp and charger