Blast from the past: 1970s games revived
James Gabrillo | December 28, 2013
Asteroids, Red Baron, Ninja Golf and Ms Pac-Man are back.
The Internet Archive this week launched its Console Living Room offering browser emulations of pre-Internet era video games which used to be played on consoles from firms like Atari, Coleco or Magnavox.
The initiative “harkens back to the revolution of the change in the hearth of the home, when the fireplace and later television were transformed by gaming consoles into a center of videogame entertainment,” says the web page devoted to the games.
- Women’s majlis: In the workplace, we empower each other
- Trend: Colour wheel
- Video: Sin City stars stroll the red carpet
- Five things to do today: get four Yas Waterworld tickets for the price of three and celebrate Indian and Pakistani independence day at the Freedom Rocks concert
- Hercules returns to the big screen and this time Dwayne Johnson is playing the demigod
- Cake Boss Buddy Valastro: ALS is ‘tough, debilitating disease’