Blast from the past: 1970s games revived
James Gabrillo | December 28, 2013
Asteroids, Red Baron, Ninja Golf and Ms Pac-Man are back.
The Internet Archive this week launched its Console Living Room offering browser emulations of pre-Internet era video games which used to be played on consoles from firms like Atari, Coleco or Magnavox.
The initiative “harkens back to the revolution of the change in the hearth of the home, when the fireplace and later television were transformed by gaming consoles into a center of videogame entertainment,” says the web page devoted to the games.
- Five things to do today: see a charity screening of a film and show your support for breast-cancer awareness
- Video: How to create a simple Hijab style for Eid
- Smart Shopper: Explore the stylish city of Hong Kong
- The new luxury destinations – Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan
- Epic adventures in New Zealand
- Melltoo Me the UAE’s new buying and selling app