Blast from the past: 1970s games revived
James Gabrillo | December 28, 2013
Asteroids, Red Baron, Ninja Golf and Ms Pac-Man are back.
The Internet Archive this week launched its Console Living Room offering browser emulations of pre-Internet era video games which used to be played on consoles from firms like Atari, Coleco or Magnavox.
The initiative “harkens back to the revolution of the change in the hearth of the home, when the fireplace and later television were transformed by gaming consoles into a center of videogame entertainment,” says the web page devoted to the games.
- UAE autism documentary, As One, to premiere at ADFF 2014 on Saturday
- Rudimental headline Yas Viceroy Formula 1 afterparties
- ADFF 2014 to showcase prize-winning movies from world over
- Why Ali F Mostafa’s ADFF 2014 opening movie, From A to B, is a landmark for Emirati film
- UAE comedian Nitin Mirani Funniest Person in the World competition interview
- Festival to honour pair of filmmakers with Career Achievement Awards