Blast from the past: 1970s games revived
James Gabrillo | December 28, 2013
Asteroids, Red Baron, Ninja Golf and Ms Pac-Man are back.
The Internet Archive this week launched its Console Living Room offering browser emulations of pre-Internet era video games which used to be played on consoles from firms like Atari, Coleco or Magnavox.
The initiative “harkens back to the revolution of the change in the hearth of the home, when the fireplace and later television were transformed by gaming consoles into a center of videogame entertainment,” says the web page devoted to the games.
- The Emirati filmmaker Sara Alagroobi on ADFF red carpet - video
- Proud moment in UAE cinema as Ali F Mostafa’s From A to B opens ADFF
- Film review: Happy New Year
- Director Hassan Kiyany on his movie, Marwan the Boxer - video
- Remastered version of Mary Poppins to show at ADFF 2014
- Making originality the talk of the town in Dubai