Blast from the past: 1970s games revived
James Gabrillo | December 28, 2013
Asteroids, Red Baron, Ninja Golf and Ms Pac-Man are back.
The Internet Archive this week launched its Console Living Room offering browser emulations of pre-Internet era video games which used to be played on consoles from firms like Atari, Coleco or Magnavox.
The initiative “harkens back to the revolution of the change in the hearth of the home, when the fireplace and later television were transformed by gaming consoles into a center of videogame entertainment,” says the web page devoted to the games.
- World premiere of Big Hero 6 in 3D to close Abu Dhabi Film Festival
- The child stars at ADFF 2014
- Long and short of it: expert advice on the problems short films encounter
- Capital gains in Canberra, Australia
- Steven Naifeh’s return to art
- Mohamed Assaf in the running for a for Best World Wide Act at MTV European Music Awards (EMA)