Blast from the past: 1970s games revived
James Gabrillo | December 28, 2013
Asteroids, Red Baron, Ninja Golf and Ms Pac-Man are back.
The Internet Archive this week launched its Console Living Room offering browser emulations of pre-Internet era video games which used to be played on consoles from firms like Atari, Coleco or Magnavox.
The initiative “harkens back to the revolution of the change in the hearth of the home, when the fireplace and later television were transformed by gaming consoles into a center of videogame entertainment,” says the web page devoted to the games.
- 5 things to do today: order a golden roasted turkey and head to Kris Kros with your Movember ‘tache
- Dubai’s Just White Dental Clinic offers short-term orthodontics
- 11 of the best musical moments during the F1 weekend
- Nespresso recipe: Coffee Glazed Short Rib of Beef with Nespresso’s Fortissio Lungo Grand Cru Coffee
- Nespresso’s guide to cooking with coffee beyond desserts
- Twinings still making tea history 300 years on