Blast from the past: 1970s games revived
James Gabrillo | December 28, 2013
Asteroids, Red Baron, Ninja Golf and Ms Pac-Man are back.
The Internet Archive this week launched its Console Living Room offering browser emulations of pre-Internet era video games which used to be played on consoles from firms like Atari, Coleco or Magnavox.
The initiative “harkens back to the revolution of the change in the hearth of the home, when the fireplace and later television were transformed by gaming consoles into a center of videogame entertainment,” says the web page devoted to the games.
- Newsmaker: Joko Widodo
- Road test: 2014 Volkswagen Golf GTI
- An uncommon language: New York show takes Middle Eastern art out of its usual box
- The big read: six of the best summer books
- Hidden talents: Sia Furler and her formulaic approach to creativity
- Land and peace: a new history of the ‘temporary’ occupation of Palestine