Beyonce brings a different twist to Super Bowl 2013
Mai El Shoush | December 29, 2012
American singer and actress Beyonce, is approaching the upcoming Super Bowl halftime show slightly differently. She plans on having her fans join her on the field, after a competition was announced.
Beyonce, a 16 time Grammy Award winner, will take the stage on February 3 at New Orleans’ Mercedes-Benz Superdome, and Pepsi announced this weekend that fans will get the chance to introduce her.
Through the contest, which began on Saturday, fans are encouraged to submit photos of themselves in various poses, including head bopping, feet tapping and hip shaking. Those pictures will be used in a TV commercial to air ahead of Beyonce’s halftime performance, and 50 of those who submit photos will be selected to introduce the singer - and they can bring a friend.
To check out the contest details visit: www.pepsi.com/halftime. The contest ends 19 January but 11 January is the cutoff date for those interested in introducing Beyonce.
Other recent performers during the half time show have included The Black Eyed Peas, Sir Paul McCartney, Prince, The Rolling Stones, and of course Janet Jackson.
- World premiere of Big Hero 6 in 3D to close Abu Dhabi Film Festival
- The child stars at ADFF 2014
- Long and short of it: expert advice on the problems short films encounter
- Capital gains in Canberra, Australia
- Steven Naifeh’s return to art
- Mohamed Assaf in the running for a for Best World Wide Act at MTV European Music Awards (EMA)