Beyonce brings a different twist to Super Bowl 2013
Mai El Shoush | December 29, 2012
American singer and actress Beyonce, is approaching the upcoming Super Bowl halftime show slightly differently. She plans on having her fans join her on the field, after a competition was announced.
Beyonce, a 16 time Grammy Award winner, will take the stage on February 3 at New Orleans’ Mercedes-Benz Superdome, and Pepsi announced this weekend that fans will get the chance to introduce her.
Through the contest, which began on Saturday, fans are encouraged to submit photos of themselves in various poses, including head bopping, feet tapping and hip shaking. Those pictures will be used in a TV commercial to air ahead of Beyonce’s halftime performance, and 50 of those who submit photos will be selected to introduce the singer - and they can bring a friend.
To check out the contest details visit: www.pepsi.com/halftime. The contest ends 19 January but 11 January is the cutoff date for those interested in introducing Beyonce.
Other recent performers during the half time show have included The Black Eyed Peas, Sir Paul McCartney, Prince, The Rolling Stones, and of course Janet Jackson.
- Five things to do today: customise your own burger and enjoy a seaplane tour
- Emirati designer Hessa Al Falasi refreshes the traditional abaya
- Palestinian artist showing physics-inspired exhibition in Dubai
- Holly to Bolly: Kimora Lee Simmons to host interactive style session in Dubai in August
- New Dubai cafe brings together classic rock music and coffee
- A history of the world in 100 objects: Solar-powered lamp and charger