Beyonce brings a different twist to Super Bowl 2013
Mai El Shoush | December 29, 2012
American singer and actress Beyonce, is approaching the upcoming Super Bowl halftime show slightly differently. She plans on having her fans join her on the field, after a competition was announced.
Beyonce, a 16 time Grammy Award winner, will take the stage on February 3 at New Orleans’ Mercedes-Benz Superdome, and Pepsi announced this weekend that fans will get the chance to introduce her.
Through the contest, which began on Saturday, fans are encouraged to submit photos of themselves in various poses, including head bopping, feet tapping and hip shaking. Those pictures will be used in a TV commercial to air ahead of Beyonce’s halftime performance, and 50 of those who submit photos will be selected to introduce the singer - and they can bring a friend.
To check out the contest details visit: www.pepsi.com/halftime. The contest ends 19 January but 11 January is the cutoff date for those interested in introducing Beyonce.
Other recent performers during the half time show have included The Black Eyed Peas, Sir Paul McCartney, Prince, The Rolling Stones, and of course Janet Jackson.
- Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2014: award-winning Cannes director wants to meet regional filmmakers; The worst football team in the world; Nujoom Al Ganem wants international audience; Magical Girl is not for the fainthearted
- Mansour and the Superheroes to take to the ice this winter
- Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2014: Festival volunteer turns star; how to get Johnny Knoxville into your short film; From A to B sells out
- ADFF buzz: Celebrities and Cuban rhythms at Emirates Palaces opening night party
- ADFF buzz: Stylish crowd celebrates opening night in Emirates Palace’s graceful garden
- Bowls, plates and tulips: artists remember Iran’s stolen youth
- 5 things to do today: visit a exhibition and relax at ESPA
- Celebrating unity: a UAE-made documentary on religious understanding is making waves in the wider world
- Of Many is an inspiring movie that shows religious tolerance in practice
- The power of six: giving birth to a film superheroine in Abu Dhabi
- Emirates Opera Project prepares to launch its new season