Austrian-Lebanese artist on show in Beirut
James Gabrillo | September 15, 2012
A solo photography show by the Austrian-born Lebanese photographer Tanya Traboulsi opened this week at the Art Factum Gallery in Beirut.The exhibit, titled From a Distance, features the artist's seven photographic series simultaneously displayed in one space.
With her work Traboulsi says she yearns to present her snapshots as “an art form and as abstract canvases of colour and shape”.
Formerly an old steel factory, the gallery was founded just last year and is located in Quarantine District, an industrial sector in the outskirts of Beirut.
- Abu Dhabi Festival falls in love with American Ballet Theatre’s splendid Coppélia
- Newly developed Kurt Cobain photos show suicide scene
- In pictures: American Ballet Theatre’s Coppélia comes to Abu Dhabi
- Video: Winfrey announces speaking tour, Crowe premieres ‘Noah’
- Thirty minutes of ‘Spider-Man 2’ shown at CinemaCon
- Snooki’s New Jersey wedding might be aired on MTV