Appendicitis-hit Elton John 'grateful to be alive'
Afshan Ahmed | July 10, 2013
Elton John says he is grateful to be alive after learning he had been playing European tour dates while suffering from undiagnosed appendicitis. The 66-year-old musician is quoted in The Sun newspaper Wednesday as saying he had struggled through the shows in pain, thinking he had food poisoning.
He later learned: "I was a ticking time bomb. I guess I could have died at any time."
He added: "I feel so lucky and grateful to be alive."
On Tuesday John canceled a show in London's Hyde Park and other summer dates while he is treated for an inflamed appendix and surrounding abscess.
He is due to have surgery in the next few weeks after treatment with antibiotics.
John's new album, "The Diving Board," is due out in September.
- Associated Press
Dine with Bigg Boss 7 winner Gauahar Khan in Dubai
- Brand New Heavies to play Barasti
- Ladies night every Thursday at Yas Waterworld
- Lloyd, Bobby V and Jeremih and Neverdogs to perform live at Atelier M official launch party
- Hannah Montana actor Jason Earles shares acting tips with pupils at GEMS schools
- Video: Winfrey announces speaking tour, Crowe premieres ‘Noah’
- Thirty minutes of ‘Spider-Man 2’ shown at CinemaCon
- Snooki’s New Jersey wedding might be aired on MTV
- Ask Ali: explaining mandi and visiting Mecca
- Bollywood comedian Vir Das to debut History of India – VIRitten in Dubai
- Miloš Karadaglic makes magic during Abu Dhabi Festival debut