Amodoria's futuristic cufflinks
Asmaa Al Hameli | September 29, 2013
The British fashion, lifestyle and technology brand Amodoria has announced the release of the Middle East's first smart cufflinks.
The cufflinks utilise Near Field Communication (NFC) technology - a form of contact-less communication between devices.
In Amodoria's case, a small embedded programable chip has turned cufflinks into an electronic business card with just one swipe. There are also smart wallets and bracelets on offer.
Amodoria's products feature leather, gemstones and gold. The leather comes from the renowned Al Khaznah tannery in Abu Dhabi – makers of the world's first biodegradable leather.
* Contact email@example.com for more details on their products
- Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2014: award-winning Cannes director wants to meet regional filmmakers; The worst football team in the world; Nujoom Al Ganem wants international audience; Magical Girl is not for the fainthearted
- Mansour and the Superheroes to take to the ice this winter
- Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2014: Festival volunteer turns star; how to get Johnny Knoxville into your short film; From A to B sells out
- ADFF buzz: Celebrities and Cuban rhythms at Emirates Palaces opening night party
- ADFF buzz: Stylish crowd celebrates opening night in Emirates Palace’s graceful garden
- Celebrating unity: a UAE-made documentary on religious understanding is making waves in the wider world
- Of Many is an inspiring movie that shows religious tolerance in practice
- The power of six: giving birth to a film superheroine in Abu Dhabi
- Emirates Opera Project prepares to launch its new season
- Halloween magic for Potter fans
- Renée Zellweger’s new face highlights Hollywood’s ageing taboo