Amodoria's futuristic cufflinks
Asmaa Al Hameli | September 29, 2013
The British fashion, lifestyle and technology brand Amodoria has announced the release of the Middle East's first smart cufflinks.
The cufflinks utilise Near Field Communication (NFC) technology - a form of contact-less communication between devices.
In Amodoria's case, a small embedded programable chip has turned cufflinks into an electronic business card with just one swipe. There are also smart wallets and bracelets on offer.
Amodoria's products feature leather, gemstones and gold. The leather comes from the renowned Al Khaznah tannery in Abu Dhabi – makers of the world's first biodegradable leather.
* Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on their products
- Bumblefoot talks heavy metal and hot sauce
- The road to recovery: a first-hand account of beating chronic fatigue syndrome
- The women’s majlis: Eid is the happiest of family times
- Drew Barrymore’s half-sister found dead
- Road test: 2014 Jaguar XJR
- The cars are the stars at Los Angeles’s Petersen Automotive Museum