Amodoria's futuristic cufflinks
Asmaa Al Hameli | September 29, 2013
The British fashion, lifestyle and technology brand Amodoria has announced the release of the Middle East's first smart cufflinks.
The cufflinks utilise Near Field Communication (NFC) technology - a form of contact-less communication between devices.
In Amodoria's case, a small embedded programable chip has turned cufflinks into an electronic business card with just one swipe. There are also smart wallets and bracelets on offer.
Amodoria's products feature leather, gemstones and gold. The leather comes from the renowned Al Khaznah tannery in Abu Dhabi – makers of the world's first biodegradable leather.
* Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on their products
- Katrina and Ranbir getting married next year?
- The Arab film world premières showing at Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2014
- Rita Ora, Jason Derulo to perform at Abu Dhabi’s Beats on the Beach
- Works on Paper: Hikayat: in pictures
- Maratha Mandir cinema plays DDLJ for nineteen years: in pictures
- 5 Things To Do Today: Faisal Samra exhibition and book Creamfields Abu Dhabi