Amodoria's futuristic cufflinks
Asmaa Al Hameli | September 29, 2013
The British fashion, lifestyle and technology brand Amodoria has announced the release of the Middle East's first smart cufflinks.
The cufflinks utilise Near Field Communication (NFC) technology - a form of contact-less communication between devices.
In Amodoria's case, a small embedded programable chip has turned cufflinks into an electronic business card with just one swipe. There are also smart wallets and bracelets on offer.
Amodoria's products feature leather, gemstones and gold. The leather comes from the renowned Al Khaznah tannery in Abu Dhabi – makers of the world's first biodegradable leather.
* Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on their products
- Home improvements: Take the flaws out of floors
- On the market: two-bedroom apartment on Reem Island
- In pictures: Two-bedroom apartment on Reem Island
- 5 things to do today: see L’Ile aux 160 Erreurs exhibition in Dubai
- Daniel Radcliffe unlikely to play Harry Potter again
- The Emperor 1688 wins in the regional menswear round of the International Woolmark Prize