Amodoria's futuristic cufflinks
Asmaa Al Hameli | September 29, 2013
The British fashion, lifestyle and technology brand Amodoria has announced the release of the Middle East's first smart cufflinks.
The cufflinks utilise Near Field Communication (NFC) technology - a form of contact-less communication between devices.
In Amodoria's case, a small embedded programable chip has turned cufflinks into an electronic business card with just one swipe. There are also smart wallets and bracelets on offer.
Amodoria's products feature leather, gemstones and gold. The leather comes from the renowned Al Khaznah tannery in Abu Dhabi – makers of the world's first biodegradable leather.
* Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on their products
- Five things to do today: enjoy a French meal at a newly opened restaurant and participate in Ski Dubai’s Ice Warrior Challenge
- Arab Idol’s Japanese contestant vows to ‘never stop singing Arabic songs’
- Humeid Abdullah is the UAE’s hope for Arab Idol
- Parineeti Chopra and Aditya Roy Kapoor discuss new film Daawat-e-Ishq
- Keith Richards’s newly released children’s book Gus & Me is tribute to his grandfather
- Meet the new team of The Illusionists