Abu Dhabi F1 closing parties
Sarah Ferguson | November 4, 2013
[caption id="attachment_27384" align="alignleft" width="640"] A performer at the F1 Cirque De Soleil Code 20 closing party.[/caption]
The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix is over for the year. The yachts are departing, the hotels are emptying and the staff are clearing up the party venues. While I couldn't physically make it to all the parties at the weekend, my collection of wristbands and neck passes indicates I put in a pretty good effort.
I kicked off race day with a chat with Elena Chatzikonstantinou, the woman behind the legendary Code 20 post-race parties with an avant-garde theme that take place at the Shanghai, Monaco, Montreal, Austin and Abu Dhabi grand prix. She told me that what sets the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix apart from the rest is that here we have a whole island dedicated to the F1. The venue for Code 20 is important, so she was delighted to take over the Viceroy hotel's Rush bar and join forces with the Dubai nightclub Cirque Le Soir.
- Abu Dhabi F1: Checking out the yacht life, from exclusive retreats to booming race-side parties
- Abu Dhabi F1: Hollaphonic own the stage with assured support slot
- Furious 7 set for Abu Dhabi global premiere?
- Jurassic Park sequel headed for Abu Dhabi?
- SRK and Kajol to celebrate 1,000 weeks of DDLJ on Comedy Nights With Kapil
- Abu Dhabi F1: Exclusive Take 5 with Estelle
- Mixtape Rewind headliner Peter Andre comes off as a natural entertainer in Dubai show
- A chat with Salma Hayek and the creative minds behind Kahlil Gibran’s The Prophet ahead of its Middle East debut
- Dan Stevens talks films, his decision to quit Downton Abbey and supporting children’s charity Sentebale
- Jason Derulo makes triumphant UAE return at Beats on The Beach
- Happy New Year in Marrakech