Abraaj Art Prize announces curator
Anna Seaman | May 9, 2013
Nada Raza will be the guest curator for the sixth edition of the Abraaj Group Art Prize, organisers announced yesterday.
Raza is an experienced curator from Karachi who currently works at the Tate Modern in London as an assistant curator focusing on South Asia. She will join the The Abraaj Group Art Prize selection committee and will help to decide the five winning artists of the prestigious prize. Once they are selected, Raza will collaborate with the artists and present the finished works in a specially curated exhibition at Art Dubai in March 2014.
“The Abraaj Group Art Prize is a unique platform for emerging artists from the region," says Raza allowing complex and ambitious projects to be realised with critical support from a curator. I look forward to engaging with each selected artist in the process of articulating conceptual ideas through to the production of compelling works of art, bringing them to regional and international audiences.”
- Man Booker judges to speak at NYU panel on world literature
- Al Ain Reads to feature Emirati writers
- Abra service takes visitors on Khor Al Maqtaa hotel circuit
- Club guide for the weekend
- Jagwar Ma’s beatmaker Jono Ma talks ahead of the band’s Dubai debut
- Thunder talk Iran’s country-rock evolution ahead of Dubai gig