Abraaj Art Prize announces curator
Anna Seaman | May 9, 2013
Nada Raza will be the guest curator for the sixth edition of the Abraaj Group Art Prize, organisers announced yesterday.
Raza is an experienced curator from Karachi who currently works at the Tate Modern in London as an assistant curator focusing on South Asia. She will join the The Abraaj Group Art Prize selection committee and will help to decide the five winning artists of the prestigious prize. Once they are selected, Raza will collaborate with the artists and present the finished works in a specially curated exhibition at Art Dubai in March 2014.
“The Abraaj Group Art Prize is a unique platform for emerging artists from the region," says Raza allowing complex and ambitious projects to be realised with critical support from a curator. I look forward to engaging with each selected artist in the process of articulating conceptual ideas through to the production of compelling works of art, bringing them to regional and international audiences.”
- Five things to do today: try the Thai delicacies at Benjarong in the Dusit Thai Hotel
- A rundown on Bigg Boss and what Salman Khan has in store with season eight’s aviation theme
- European Film Screenings previews
- Foodie news in Abu Dhabi and Dubai
- Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes welcome baby girl
- Liam Neeson on playing a cop-turned-private investigator in A Walk Among the Tombstones