A Super Sharjah Saturday
Anna Seaman | September 26, 2013
This Saturday from morning until night there is something cool to do in Sharjah.
The Sharjah Art Foundation is organising free workshops for children aged 5-15 in silk screen printing, wire sculpting and creative movement. Taught by artists, the workshops will take place at SAF Art Spaces, Bait Hussein Abdul Rasoul.
Later in the day, an open forum for artists, architects, landscape designers is being hosted to encourage the public to participate in the development of the UAE's first urban garden. Intended as a collective space, the garden will provide a social, learning and creative site for local communities and it is important to get feedback from creative people for its design. The meetings are open to the public and will take place every two weeks. The first is in Building GH, SAF Art Spaces, Al Mureijah at 5.30pm.
To round off the day, enjoy a guided tour of Vantage Point Sharjah, an exhibition currently on show in the spaces. After the tour, will be a panel discussion Ammar Al Attar, a Sharjah-based artists and photographer and two other artists, Saif Alzari and Arwa Ramadan. The panel discussion will be moderated by Adeeb Shaban Ani, President of Arab Union of Photographers and will take place at 7pm.
For a map to the SAF Art Spaces check here:
For more info on SAF Education Programme: http://sharjahart.org/programmes/education-programme
- Five things to do today: See the exhibition Vantage Point Sharjah 2
- Secrets of the cloud unlocked
- In pictures: Stills from the collection of films from Words with God
- Holly to Bolly: Little Monsters in UAE receive YouTube message from soon-to-arrive Lady Gaga
- A dish best served cold: A look into the increasingly popular raw-food movement
- David Hasselhoff to help judge Arab Film Studio short film competition