A Super Sharjah Saturday
Anna Seaman | September 26, 2013
This Saturday from morning until night there is something cool to do in Sharjah.
The Sharjah Art Foundation is organising free workshops for children aged 5-15 in silk screen printing, wire sculpting and creative movement. Taught by artists, the workshops will take place at SAF Art Spaces, Bait Hussein Abdul Rasoul.
Later in the day, an open forum for artists, architects, landscape designers is being hosted to encourage the public to participate in the development of the UAE's first urban garden. Intended as a collective space, the garden will provide a social, learning and creative site for local communities and it is important to get feedback from creative people for its design. The meetings are open to the public and will take place every two weeks. The first is in Building GH, SAF Art Spaces, Al Mureijah at 5.30pm.
To round off the day, enjoy a guided tour of Vantage Point Sharjah, an exhibition currently on show in the spaces. After the tour, will be a panel discussion Ammar Al Attar, a Sharjah-based artists and photographer and two other artists, Saif Alzari and Arwa Ramadan. The panel discussion will be moderated by Adeeb Shaban Ani, President of Arab Union of Photographers and will take place at 7pm.
For a map to the SAF Art Spaces check here:
For more info on SAF Education Programme: http://sharjahart.org/programmes/education-programme
- Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2014: award-winning Cannes director wants to meet regional filmmakers; The worst football team in the world; Nujoom Al Ganem wants international audience; Magical Girl is not for the fainthearted
- Mansour and the Superheroes to take to the ice this winter
- Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2014: Festival volunteer turns star; how to get Johnny Knoxville into your short film; From A to B sells out
- ADFF buzz: Celebrities and Cuban rhythms at Emirates Palaces opening night party
- ADFF buzz: Stylish crowd celebrates opening night in Emirates Palace’s graceful garden
- Bowls, plates and tulips: artists remember Iran’s stolen youth
- 5 things to do today: visit a exhibition and relax at ESPA
- Celebrating unity: a UAE-made documentary on religious understanding is making waves in the wider world
- Of Many is an inspiring movie that shows religious tolerance in practice
- The power of six: giving birth to a film superheroine in Abu Dhabi
- Emirates Opera Project prepares to launch its new season