90s star Haddaway to open Dubai's newest club
Saeed Saeed | December 10, 2013
Dubai's newest nightspot has its eyes set on the past.
Societe Dubai, located at The Byblos Hotel in Dubai Marina, will open its doors on Thursday night with a live performance by 90ís pop-star Haddaway.
The German singer will perform his chart-busting hit What is Love along with Life, I Miss You and Rock My Heart.
This is only the tip of the vintage pop iceberg, with the club focusing its playlist from the 80ís to 00ís expect more long forgotten artists to make their way to Dubai.
Some of the acts already confirmed for Societe Dubai in January are D-Ream (Things Can Only Get Better) and Shola Ama (You Might Need Somebody)
Doors open 10pm.
- Fasting is healthy if done correctly, says celebrity dietician Ghida Arnaout
- Pink Floyd to release new album
- Video game Valiant Hearts set in wartime, no killing required
- Theron and Penn dazzle at Dior’s colossal fashion celebration
- Portrait artist Edward Sutcliffe wins the BP Travel Award by London’s National Portrait Gallery
- Self-taught Emirati chef Bader Najeeb Al Awadhi bakes up a storm