12 Years a Slave likely to open in UAE theatres in January
Ann Marie McQueen | December 31, 2013
Jaap Buitendijk HOEP
Although you never can tell with movie releases in the UAE, there is a press screening for the much-loved and nominated film 12 Years A Slave in Dubai next week - and that bodes very well for an early to mid-January release in cinemas.
The film already screened locally to select crowds earlier this month, during the 10th Dubai International Film Festival. (And what a festival it was, offering Slave and American Hustle, two of the most-loved films of the year.)
Meanwhile, Associated Press reports that the Italian distributor for the film has apologised for promotional posters that were slammed as racist for featuring minor players Brad Pitt and Michael Fassbender and not Chiwetel Ejiofor, the film's star.
The new posters feature only Ejiofor, who has been nominated for a Golden Globe for his portrayal of a freed black man who is abducted and sold into slavery.
Dine with Bigg Boss 7 winner Gauahar Khan in Dubai
- Brand New Heavies to play Barasti
- Ladies night every Thursday at Yas Waterworld
- Lloyd, Bobby V and Jeremih and Neverdogs to perform live at Atelier M official launch party
- Hannah Montana actor Jason Earles shares acting tips with pupils at GEMS schools
- Video: Winfrey announces speaking tour, Crowe premieres ‘Noah’
- Thirty minutes of ‘Spider-Man 2’ shown at CinemaCon
- Snooki’s New Jersey wedding might be aired on MTV
- Ask Ali: explaining mandi and visiting Mecca
- Bollywood comedian Vir Das to debut History of India – VIRitten in Dubai
- Miloš Karadaglic makes magic during Abu Dhabi Festival debut