Andy Mitten | August 21, 2014
Andy Mitten names Munir and four other La Liga youngsters as his players to watch for the 2014/15 season.
Chitrabhanu Kadalayil | August 21, 2014
The National's Sport cover for the Thursday, August 21 issue, highlighting the upcoming Spanish football season.
Chitrabhanu Kadalayil | August 20, 2014
The National's Sport c over for the Wednesday, August 20 issue, featuring UAE club Al Ain, out to a 2-0 lead after the first leg of their quarter-final tie with Saudi side Al Ittihad in the Asian Champions League.
Agencies | August 19, 2014
Odegaard, a member of Norwegian champions Stromsgodset, will be the youngest callup to the Norway national team next week when they play the UAE.
Agence France-Presse | August 19, 2014
Toro Rosso has announced the teenager will get a drive with them next season, making the Dutch son of ex-F1 driver Jos Verstappen the youngest driver in F1 history.
Matt Smith | August 19, 2014
The National’s Sport cover for the Tuesday, August 19 issue, featuring Diego Costa and Chelsea handing Jose Mourinho a season-opening win over Burnley.
Aaron Gray | August 18, 2014
I love the Lambeau Leap. I like that players are even doing it in other stadiums now. But why ban the goalpost dunk and not the Lambeau Leap? Is this an anti-baskteball move by the NFL?
Matt Smith | August 18, 2014
The Sport front page of The National on Monday, August 18, 2014, features Raheem Sterling as he celebrates his goal against Southampton. In the other match, David Silva converted as the reigning league champions rolled past Newcastle United 2-0.
The National Staff | August 17, 2014
Manchester City begin their bid to retain the English Premier League title on Sunday at Newcastle United. Ahead of the game, here is a look at how the champions have opened up in the past five seasons.
Matt Smith | August 17, 2014
The Sport front page of The National on Sunday, August 17, 2014, features a disgruntled Louis van Gaal following Manchester United’s 2-1 loss to Swansea City at Old Trafford.
- Barca’s Munir El Haddadi leads list of La Liga’s young stars
- Thursday cover: James Rodriguez and the biggest La Liga signings
- Wednesday cover: Al Ain on good footing in Asian Champions League
- Norway’s 15-year-old Martin Odegaard to debut against UAE
- Tuesday cover: Diego Costa and Chelsea begin by beating Burnley
- First Pulis, then Mackay: Crystal Palace devolving from ‘sucess story’ to ‘farce’
- Mario Balotelli looking likely to land in Liverpool
- EAFL’s Abu Dhabi Wildcats prepare to share territory
- Hansen warns All Blacks ‘to go up 10 or 12 notches’ or risk Bledisloe Cup
- UAE grouped with India and Jordan for Asian Games football
- Guardiola and Bayern begin Bundesliga campaign on the mend