Ian Hawkey | August 29, 2014
As the Serie A campaign prepares for kick off, we take a look at five players expected to shine in Italy this season.
Associated Press | August 28, 2014
Upcoming tennis player removes all thoughts about the point to life from his head as most tennis players do, according to the Latvian.
Reuters | August 28, 2014
Romanians Steaua led 1-0 from the first-leg and were moments away from securing their place in the lucrative next phase before Brazilian Wanderson struck in the 90th minute for Ludogorets forcing the game into extra time.
Reuters | August 27, 2014
Roger Federer breezed by Marinko Matosevic in the first round of the US Open on Tuesday. Perhaps more exciting for the Swiss, he met Michael Jordan before the match.
Chitrabhanu Kadalayil | August 27, 2014
The National's Sport cover for Wednesday, August 27, featuring Al Ain's successful bid to reach the last four at the Asian Champions League on Tuesday night.
Associated Press | August 26, 2014
No sooner did the Josh Shaw story become public, however, than did other versions of the event surface. In fact, the school said it is investigating claims that there was no family party and no rescue.
Matt Smith | August 26, 2014
The National's Sport cover for the Tuesday, August 26 issue, featuring Stevan Jovetic and Manchester City delivering an emphatic 3-1 victory over Liverpool in the English Premier League.
Paul Freelend | August 26, 2014
Paul Freelend details the insufficient rationale behind the AFC's decision to move Al Ain's Champions League quarter-final second leg match with Al Ittihad from Jeddah to Mecca at the last minute.
The National Sportsdesk | August 25, 2014
Manny Pacquiao was taken with the 11th pick of the PBA draft on Sunday by Kia Motors, where he's slated to play professional basketball in his native country as a player-coach.
Matt Smith | August 25, 2014
The National's Sport cover for the Monday, August 25 issue, featuring Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes at Sunday's Belgian Grand Prix.
- Five players to watch out for this Serie A season
- Philosopher Ernest Gulbis’ rules for life at the US Open
- Defender turns heroic goalkeeper in Uefa Champions League qualifier
- Federer relishes win in front of ‘my idol’ Michael Jordan
- Wednesday cover: Gyan and Al Ain reach Asian Champions League semi-finals
- Louis Van Gaal’s revolution at Manchester United will take time
- Filipina Julaton goes down fighting before Dubai crowd
- Naismith flies below the radar amid Everton’s high-profile purchases
- Llagostera paying heavy price for Barcelona employee’s racist act
- Chelsea loan struggling Torres to AC Milan
- Wise Dan to throw weight around in Grade 2 company on Saratoga return