Chitrabhanu Kadalayil | August 20, 2014
The National's Sport c over for the Wednesday, August 20 issue, featuring UAE club Al Ain, out to a 2-0 lead after the first leg of their quarter-final tie with Saudi side Al Ittihad in the Asian Champions League.
Agencies | August 19, 2014
Odegaard, a member of Norwegian champions Stromsgodset, will be the youngest callup to the Norway national team next week when they play the UAE.
Agence France-Presse | August 19, 2014
Toro Rosso has announced the teenager will get a drive with them next season, making the Dutch son of ex-F1 driver Jos Verstappen the youngest driver in F1 history.
Matt Smith | August 19, 2014
The National’s Sport cover for the Tuesday, August 19 issue, featuring Diego Costa and Chelsea handing Jose Mourinho a season-opening win over Burnley.
Aaron Gray | August 18, 2014
I love the Lambeau Leap. I like that players are even doing it in other stadiums now. But why ban the goalpost dunk and not the Lambeau Leap? Is this an anti-baskteball move by the NFL?
Matt Smith | August 18, 2014
The Sport front page of The National on Monday, August 18, 2014, features Raheem Sterling as he celebrates his goal against Southampton. In the other match, David Silva converted as the reigning league champions rolled past Newcastle United 2-0.
The National Staff | August 17, 2014
Manchester City begin their bid to retain the English Premier League title on Sunday at Newcastle United. Ahead of the game, here is a look at how the champions have opened up in the past five seasons.
Matt Smith | August 17, 2014
The Sport front page of The National on Sunday, August 17, 2014, features a disgruntled Louis van Gaal following Manchester United’s 2-1 loss to Swansea City at Old Trafford.
Aaron Gray | August 14, 2014
Manzizila scored almost at will for Kongo United as they beat Balrog Botkyrka Sodertaelje – who had three players sent off – 30-0 in their Division Seven league clash. Maybe it is time he updated his highlights video on YouTube.
Chitrabhanu Kadalayil | August 14, 2014
The Sport front page of The National on Thursday, August 14, 2014, features Cesc Fabregas, the Chelsea midfielder, in action during a pre-season friendly against Olimpija Ljubljana at Stozice Stadium in Slovenia, last week.
- Wednesday cover: Al Ain on good footing in Asian Champions League
- Norway’s 15-year-old Martin Odegaard to debut against UAE
- Tuesday cover: Diego Costa and Chelsea begin by beating Burnley
- F1 youth movement goes full throttle with 16-year-old Max Verstappen
- No need to dunk football after NFL touchdown when you can just leap into the stands
- Deila and Celtic look to make most of second chance in Champions League
- Simeone calls transfer candidate Angel di Maria Real Madrid’s ‘best player’
- Al Hilal with the edge of Al Sadd in other Asian Champions League quarter-final
- Guardiola on Bayern Munich reality: ‘If I don’t win’ job could be in jeopardy
- Tottenham set for Euro trip: ‘If we play the Europa League, we need to play to win’
- Al Ain are taking care of business in Asian Champions League