Reuters | August 27, 2014
Roger Federer breezed by Marinko Matosevic in the first round of the US Open on Tuesday. Perhaps more exciting for the Swiss, he met Michael Jordan before the match.
Chitrabhanu Kadalayil | August 27, 2014
The National's Sport cover for Wednesday, August 27, featuring Al Ain's successful bid to reach the last four at the Asian Champions League on Tuesday night.
Associated Press | August 26, 2014
No sooner did the Josh Shaw story become public, however, than did other versions of the event surface. In fact, the school said it is investigating claims that there was no family party and no rescue.
Matt Smith | August 26, 2014
The National's Sport cover for the Tuesday, August 26 issue, featuring Stevan Jovetic and Manchester City delivering an emphatic 3-1 victory over Liverpool in the English Premier League.
Paul Freelend | August 26, 2014
Paul Freelend details the insufficient rationale behind the AFC's decision to move Al Ain's Champions League quarter-final second leg match with Al Ittihad from Jeddah to Mecca at the last minute.
The National Sportsdesk | August 25, 2014
Manny Pacquiao was taken with the 11th pick of the PBA draft on Sunday by Kia Motors, where he's slated to play professional basketball in his native country as a player-coach.
Matt Smith | August 25, 2014
The National's Sport cover for the Monday, August 25 issue, featuring Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes at Sunday's Belgian Grand Prix.
Aaron Gray | August 24, 2014
Serena Williams showed off her well-known fashion style and after they stepped outside the studio, Williams’ amazing power with a tennis racquet and her recklessness abandonment for a city shop window were also on display.
Ahmed Rizvi | August 24, 2014
The tennis season’s final grand slam begins this week at the US Open. As usual, the women’s draw features plenty of subplots and storylines, and Ahmed Rizvi takes a look inside some of the compelling numbers.
Matt Smith | August 24, 2014
The Sport front page of The National on Sunday, August 24, 2014, features Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud celebrating his 90th-minute goal against Everton at Goodison Park. The match ended in a 2-2 draw.
- Federer relishes win in front of ‘my idol’ Michael Jordan
- Wednesday cover: Gyan and Al Ain reach Asian Champions League semi-finals
- Is Josh Shaw’s story an act of heroism or a tall tale?
- Tuesday cover: Stevan Jovetic and City drop season’s first exclamation point
- AFC fails its own professionalism test with stadium switch
- Extra Time Podcast: Al Ain reach Asian Champions League semi-finals - Ep 42
- Els on Tiger: ‘There’s still a lot of life left in the dog’
- In wake of MK Dons embarrassment, Van Gaal assures United ‘know exactly what we are doing’
- As football grows in US, Barca and others look to cash in with academies
- Wallaby Pat McCabe, 26, retiring after third neck fracture
- Al Ain opponents Al Hilal benefited from ill-fated Al Sadd risk