Will Smith took some golf lessons in Dubai
Jonathan Raymond | January 23, 2014
The Butch Harmon School of Golf has opened in Dubai for 2014, and it's already provided lessons for one very high-profile pupil.
In a press release, Dubai Sports City said Justin Parsons, the Director of Golf Instruction at the school, was impressed by Smith, the one-time Fresh Prince of Bel-Air star, musician and headliner in movies as varied as the Muhammad Ali biopic Ali to the 90s alien blockbuster Independence Day.
"He is a strong, athletic guy with lots of potential. He trained with me in the mornings and played with the professional staff in the afternoon," Parsons said in the release. "Will is a bright guy. He knows a lot about the game and had knowledge of modern ball flight laws, Trackman – a tool we use for swing and ball-flight analysis – and swing styles.
"He was very up to date with players and obviously has a keen interest in the game."
- Wednesday cover: Man City stumped by CSKA Moscow
- Adel Taarabt: ‘I was fuming when I didn’t play’
- Tuesday cover: Close call for Louis van Gaal’s Manchester United
- Luis Suarez thought Barca would balk after bite: ‘Thought I had ruined my career’
- Myanmar threatened with empty stands after pitch invasion following win over UAE
- Podolski ‘can always score you a goal’ beams Wenger after Arsenal win
- Arsenal scrape to last-gasp win over Anderlecht
- Toast Of New York set for the Breeders’ Cup Classic
- Ronaldo and Real Madrid leave Liverpool in the dust at Anfield
- Five rugby teams in contention for UAE Premiership final
- Al Shabab continue to improve and impress in the Arabian Gulf League