Will Smith took some golf lessons in Dubai
Jonathan Raymond | January 23, 2014
The Butch Harmon School of Golf has opened in Dubai for 2014, and it's already provided lessons for one very high-profile pupil.
In a press release, Dubai Sports City said Justin Parsons, the Director of Golf Instruction at the school, was impressed by Smith, the one-time Fresh Prince of Bel-Air star, musician and headliner in movies as varied as the Muhammad Ali biopic Ali to the 90s alien blockbuster Independence Day.
"He is a strong, athletic guy with lots of potential. He trained with me in the mornings and played with the professional staff in the afternoon," Parsons said in the release. "Will is a bright guy. He knows a lot about the game and had knowledge of modern ball flight laws, Trackman – a tool we use for swing and ball-flight analysis – and swing styles.
"He was very up to date with players and obviously has a keen interest in the game."
- Asamoah Gyan wants to be an Arabian Gulf League pioneer
- Pacquiao can win in the ring, just not on the basketball court
- Tops and flops at Gulf Cup: Lots of goals but Ismail Matar underwhelmed
- Wednesday’s cover: UAE take third place at 2014 Gulf Cup of Nations
- Tuesday’s cover: Manchester City face elimination in Champions League clash with Bayern Munich
- Australians sailors have a good start in ISAF World Finals in Abu Dhabi
- David Moyes wants Real Sociedad to play with ‘excitement’ when they face Elche in his home debut
- Qatar officials unaffected by negativity about 2022 World Cup
- IPTL plans to serve up a premier premiere
- Batting is an area of concern for UAE ahead of Afghanistan ODIs
- IPTL’s break from the format could become the norm