Will Smith took some golf lessons in Dubai
Jonathan Raymond | January 23, 2014
The Butch Harmon School of Golf has opened in Dubai for 2014, and it's already provided lessons for one very high-profile pupil.
In a press release, Dubai Sports City said Justin Parsons, the Director of Golf Instruction at the school, was impressed by Smith, the one-time Fresh Prince of Bel-Air star, musician and headliner in movies as varied as the Muhammad Ali biopic Ali to the 90s alien blockbuster Independence Day.
"He is a strong, athletic guy with lots of potential. He trained with me in the mornings and played with the professional staff in the afternoon," Parsons said in the release. "Will is a bright guy. He knows a lot about the game and had knowledge of modern ball flight laws, Trackman – a tool we use for swing and ball-flight analysis – and swing styles.
"He was very up to date with players and obviously has a keen interest in the game."
- Thursday cover: Al Wasl keeping options open to get Hugo Viana on board
- Wednesday cover: Mitchell Johnson needs to adapt to survive UAE conditions
- Tuesday cover: Al Ahli and Al Ain grudge match ends dead level
- Table tennis champ Zhang Jike boots away prize money
- Monday cover: Manchester United and Chelsea settle for draw
- Purses for Purebred Arabian races in Abu Dhabi set to double this season
- UAE champion horse racing trainer Ernst Oertel is getting back in the saddle
- Take it from Jeremy Manning: UAE Premiership final is a big game
- Onus on Rosberg to keep title fight alive until Abu Dhabi
- New look on Meydan Racecourse’s main track will be dirty
- Youngster Murphy will ride in all six races at Jebel Ali season opener