Will Smith took some golf lessons in Dubai
Jonathan Raymond | January 23, 2014
The Butch Harmon School of Golf has opened in Dubai for 2014, and it's already provided lessons for one very high-profile pupil.
In a press release, Dubai Sports City said Justin Parsons, the Director of Golf Instruction at the school, was impressed by Smith, the one-time Fresh Prince of Bel-Air star, musician and headliner in movies as varied as the Muhammad Ali biopic Ali to the 90s alien blockbuster Independence Day.
"He is a strong, athletic guy with lots of potential. He trained with me in the mornings and played with the professional staff in the afternoon," Parsons said in the release. "Will is a bright guy. He knows a lot about the game and had knowledge of modern ball flight laws, Trackman – a tool we use for swing and ball-flight analysis – and swing styles.
"He was very up to date with players and obviously has a keen interest in the game."
- The 5 biggest Indian Super League signings
- Tuesday cover: Arabian Gulf League gets underway
- Monday cover: Angel di Maria and Manchester United rediscover swagger
- For Moyes at United, pre-match ban may have been the chip to break the camel’s back
- Sunday cover: No rust on Neymar as double fuels Barca victory
- Splashing out on Luiz could be fool’s gold for PSG: Champions League talking points
- Athletic Bilbao back at Europe’s top table despite departure of top players
- Western Sydney Wanderers ready for next big Asian Champions League obstacle
- Omar Abdulrahman holds out hope Al Ain can reach Asian Champions League final
- Michael Clarke right to skip ODIs between Pakistan and Australia in UAE
- Al Hilal’s flurry of goals rocks Al Ain final dreams