Will Smith took some golf lessons in Dubai
Jonathan Raymond | January 23, 2014
The Butch Harmon School of Golf has opened in Dubai for 2014, and it's already provided lessons for one very high-profile pupil.
In a press release, Dubai Sports City said Justin Parsons, the Director of Golf Instruction at the school, was impressed by Smith, the one-time Fresh Prince of Bel-Air star, musician and headliner in movies as varied as the Muhammad Ali biopic Ali to the 90s alien blockbuster Independence Day.
"He is a strong, athletic guy with lots of potential. He trained with me in the mornings and played with the professional staff in the afternoon," Parsons said in the release. "Will is a bright guy. He knows a lot about the game and had knowledge of modern ball flight laws, Trackman – a tool we use for swing and ball-flight analysis – and swing styles.
"He was very up to date with players and obviously has a keen interest in the game."
- Abu Dhabi Harlequins quietly confident
- Al Jazira miss opportunity in scoreless draw at Al Nasr
- Low-key role may help Wilkinson’s transition
- Button says he and Magnussen ‘have to be fighting for a podium’ at Malaysian Grand Prix
- Rosberg looking to exploit ‘bit of an advantage’ for as long as it lasts
- Uefa officially vote to launch Nations League tournament