What sort of mean-spirited loser steals a baseball from a child's grasp?
Iain Hepburn | September 6, 2012
Well, this bloke here does, for a start.At last night's MLB match between the Miami Marlins and the Milwaukee Brewers, a foul ball found its way towards the crowd, where a couple of kids were eagerly waiting to try and catch it, claiming a memorable souvenir of the game.
Until cheeky chops up there blocks in front of them to claim the ball for himself. Then gleefully jig away up the stairs, leaving a decidedly cheesed off-looking wee lass behind.
Thankfully there's a bit of a happy ending, since the Brewers - noting her disappointment at being gazumped by a grown adult who should know better - threw another ball up to her to make sure she didn't leave empty handed.
A nice gesture from the team, which ran out 8-5 winners in Miami. And certainly more heartwarming than yer man pictured - and caught on video by the MLB behaving in such a heelish manner. Hope you're suitably ashamed of yourself, son.
- Wednesday’s cover: UAE take third place at 2014 Gulf Cup of Nations
- Tuesday’s cover: Manchester City face elimination in Champions League clash with Bayern Munich
- Phillip Hughes head injury is a reminder of ‘Gentlemen’s Game’ dangers
- Monday’s cover: Lewis Hamilton enjoys his finest hour at Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- Qatar upset hosts Saudi Arabia to run away with Gulf Cup
- No stopping Ibrahimovic and PSG from dreaming bigger in France and Europe
- Hafeez puts Pakistan in control against New Zealand on flat Sharjah pitch
- Dilshan’s brilliance puts England and Ali’s hundred in shade
- UAE aim to bring Asian Beach Games to Dubai in 2018
- Extra Time Ep 51: Perfect climax to the Race to Dubai title