What sort of mean-spirited loser steals a baseball from a child's grasp?
Iain Hepburn | September 6, 2012
Well, this bloke here does, for a start.At last night's MLB match between the Miami Marlins and the Milwaukee Brewers, a foul ball found its way towards the crowd, where a couple of kids were eagerly waiting to try and catch it, claiming a memorable souvenir of the game.
Until cheeky chops up there blocks in front of them to claim the ball for himself. Then gleefully jig away up the stairs, leaving a decidedly cheesed off-looking wee lass behind.
Thankfully there's a bit of a happy ending, since the Brewers - noting her disappointment at being gazumped by a grown adult who should know better - threw another ball up to her to make sure she didn't leave empty handed.
A nice gesture from the team, which ran out 8-5 winners in Miami. And certainly more heartwarming than yer man pictured - and caught on video by the MLB behaving in such a heelish manner. Hope you're suitably ashamed of yourself, son.
- Wednesday cover: Man City stumped by CSKA Moscow
- Adel Taarabt: ‘I was fuming when I didn’t play’
- Tuesday cover: Close call for Louis van Gaal’s Manchester United
- Luis Suarez thought Barca would balk after bite: ‘Thought I had ruined my career’
- Myanmar threatened with empty stands after pitch invasion following win over UAE
- Arsenal scrape to last-gasp win over Anderlecht
- Toast Of New York set for the Breeders’ Cup Classic
- Ronaldo and Real Madrid leave Liverpool in the dust at Anfield
- Five rugby teams in contention for UAE Premiership final
- Ibrahim Diaky’s double an Al Ain pleasure
- Al Shabab continue to improve and impress in the Arabian Gulf League