What sort of mean-spirited loser steals a baseball from a child's grasp?
Iain Hepburn | September 6, 2012
Well, this bloke here does, for a start.At last night's MLB match between the Miami Marlins and the Milwaukee Brewers, a foul ball found its way towards the crowd, where a couple of kids were eagerly waiting to try and catch it, claiming a memorable souvenir of the game.
Until cheeky chops up there blocks in front of them to claim the ball for himself. Then gleefully jig away up the stairs, leaving a decidedly cheesed off-looking wee lass behind.
Thankfully there's a bit of a happy ending, since the Brewers - noting her disappointment at being gazumped by a grown adult who should know better - threw another ball up to her to make sure she didn't leave empty handed.
A nice gesture from the team, which ran out 8-5 winners in Miami. And certainly more heartwarming than yer man pictured - and caught on video by the MLB behaving in such a heelish manner. Hope you're suitably ashamed of yourself, son.
- Wednesday cover: Al Ain on good footing in Asian Champions League
- Norway’s 15-year-old Martin Odegaard to debut against UAE
- Tuesday cover: Diego Costa and Chelsea begin by beating Burnley
- F1 youth movement goes full throttle with 16-year-old Max Verstappen
- No need to dunk football after NFL touchdown when you can just leap into the stands
- India’s Dhoni dilemma lingers amid lack of options for new captain
- After embarrassment at PGA Championship, Bubba Watson is not singing in the rain
- Ruta Meilutyte secures second gold in the pool at Youth Olympic Games
- Clarke says Zimbabwe ‘not a token tour’ for World Cup hopefuls
- UAE tennis players fuel momentum for padel tennis as participation grows in the country
- Darkness is slowly falling on the once colourful Tiger Woods