What sort of mean-spirited loser steals a baseball from a child's grasp?
Iain Hepburn | September 6, 2012
Well, this bloke here does, for a start.At last night's MLB match between the Miami Marlins and the Milwaukee Brewers, a foul ball found its way towards the crowd, where a couple of kids were eagerly waiting to try and catch it, claiming a memorable souvenir of the game.
Until cheeky chops up there blocks in front of them to claim the ball for himself. Then gleefully jig away up the stairs, leaving a decidedly cheesed off-looking wee lass behind.
Thankfully there's a bit of a happy ending, since the Brewers - noting her disappointment at being gazumped by a grown adult who should know better - threw another ball up to her to make sure she didn't leave empty handed.
A nice gesture from the team, which ran out 8-5 winners in Miami. And certainly more heartwarming than yer man pictured - and caught on video by the MLB behaving in such a heelish manner. Hope you're suitably ashamed of yourself, son.
- Lewis Hamilton wants to stretch his Formula One title celebration over many days
- In pictures: Henrik Stenson wins DP World Tour Championship
- In pictures: UAE go down fighting to Saudi Arabia in Gulf Cup of Nations semi-finals
- NFL round-up: Odell Beckham’s catch amazes in Giants loss to Cowboys
- Manchester City’s Samir Nasri says “Bayern Munich have world-class players in every position”
- Sorry Jose Mourinho, Manchester United have the loudest fans in English Premier League