What sort of mean-spirited loser steals a baseball from a child's grasp?
Iain Hepburn | September 6, 2012
Well, this bloke here does, for a start.At last night's MLB match between the Miami Marlins and the Milwaukee Brewers, a foul ball found its way towards the crowd, where a couple of kids were eagerly waiting to try and catch it, claiming a memorable souvenir of the game.
Until cheeky chops up there blocks in front of them to claim the ball for himself. Then gleefully jig away up the stairs, leaving a decidedly cheesed off-looking wee lass behind.
Thankfully there's a bit of a happy ending, since the Brewers - noting her disappointment at being gazumped by a grown adult who should know better - threw another ball up to her to make sure she didn't leave empty handed.
A nice gesture from the team, which ran out 8-5 winners in Miami. And certainly more heartwarming than yer man pictured - and caught on video by the MLB behaving in such a heelish manner. Hope you're suitably ashamed of yourself, son.
- Thursday cover: Arsenal ride Welbeck hat-trick past Galatasaray
- Triple disqualification in 800m final at Asian Games
- Wednesday cover: ‘Lost my head’: Asamoah Gyan and Al Ain out of Asian Champions League
- Former Arsenal man Andre Santos latest to join Indian Super League
- Tuesday cover: Al Ain’s impossible dream
- Arsenal to take a point at Stamford Bridge: The National’s Premier League predictions
- UAE’s Marwan Al Maazmi and Shaker Ali Hassan win bronze medals at Asian Games
- India wrest field hockey gold medal from Pakistan in penalty shoot-out
- Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge will not join up with England for qualifiers as Jonjo Shelvey and Nathaniel Clyne called up
- Esteban Cambiasso brought big CV to Leicester City and has prospered
- Lewis Hamilton on teammate Nico Rosberg: ‘I think he handled the last race with dignity’