What sort of mean-spirited loser steals a baseball from a child's grasp?
Iain Hepburn | September 6, 2012
Well, this bloke here does, for a start.At last night's MLB match between the Miami Marlins and the Milwaukee Brewers, a foul ball found its way towards the crowd, where a couple of kids were eagerly waiting to try and catch it, claiming a memorable souvenir of the game.
Until cheeky chops up there blocks in front of them to claim the ball for himself. Then gleefully jig away up the stairs, leaving a decidedly cheesed off-looking wee lass behind.
Thankfully there's a bit of a happy ending, since the Brewers - noting her disappointment at being gazumped by a grown adult who should know better - threw another ball up to her to make sure she didn't leave empty handed.
A nice gesture from the team, which ran out 8-5 winners in Miami. And certainly more heartwarming than yer man pictured - and caught on video by the MLB behaving in such a heelish manner. Hope you're suitably ashamed of yourself, son.
- Monday cover: Angel di Maria and Manchester United rediscover swagger
- For Moyes at United, pre-match ban may have been the chip to break the camel’s back
- Sunday cover: No rust on Neymar as double fuels Barca victory
- Saturday cover: Who’s who in the Arabian Gulf League
- What independence would mean for Scottish sports
- Luis Garcia satisfied in making point in Baniyas’ opening draw against Al Nasr
- Former Al Ain teammates consider Al Qahtani a brother, but ‘Inside the pitch, we don’t know Yasser’
- Young Al Wasl a work in progress to Jorginho after draw with Al Dhafra
- Indian company ‘a great fit’ for Tiger Woods Hero World Challenge
- Amateur Vance in joint lead as Dubai Creek Open tees off
- Real Madrid need Javier Hernandez to start firing and end their struggles