Wayne Rooney received a birthday gift he's sure to use
Jonathan Raymond | October 24, 2013
Just think, this time last year Wayne was turning a mere 27, concerning himself with trivialities like US politics and the impending presidential election.
Watched all the presidential debates. If I had to vote would vote Obama.Now a ripe old 28 today, Wayne Rooney has serious matters to deal with, like Alex Ferguson's new autobiography and refuting certain things said about him within it.
— Wayne Rooney (@WayneRooney) October 23, 2012
We can at least say now with a deal of confidence he's had a chance to read the thing, after his Manchester United teammates gave him the book on Thursday as a birthday present.
Given that Ferguson said things such as, “Sometimes players play the occasion, not the game. Wayne Rooney, for example, was disappointing," about his showing at the 2011 Champions League final against Barcelona, and, "I felt he was struggling to get by people and had lost some of his old thrust," about his entire 2012 season, it stands to reason Rooney will tear through the book's pages.
Winter's approaching, after all, and fires will need to be built.
- Transfer talk: Scotland’s Ross McCormack signs for Fulham; Olympiakos get busy
- Mario Kempes played it ‘cool’ for Argentina long before Messi
- Take note of visionary Louis van Gaal, the Netherlands’ match-winning manager
- Alejandro Sabella gets the last laugh with World Cup run
- The improbable fall and rise of Martin Demichelis
- England v India: How they stack up for the Test