UFC - where the very big boys play...
Iain Hepburn | December 4, 2012
Now, I'm a great fan of mixed martial arts, as regular readers of Kitbag may have noticed.
And it pains me when I hear critics accuse the sport being brutal, nasty or a freak show.
But occasionally, on the latter point, they may have a point. Especially when you see this on the UFC website, as spotted by @MMA Inc on twitter
Nearly thirteen feet tall? Weighing just 70lbs? Who on earth is John Cofer fighting? Presumably it must be one of these guys:
(For the record, Mike Rio is 5'10" and 155lbs. He fought earlier this year on The Ultimate Fighter reality series. If the UFC ever does sign a 13ft tall, 70lb fighter we'll hear all about it...)
- Wednesday’s cover: UAE take third place at 2014 Gulf Cup of Nations
- Tuesday’s cover: Manchester City face elimination in Champions League clash with Bayern Munich
- Phillip Hughes head injury is a reminder of ‘Gentlemen’s Game’ dangers
- Monday’s cover: Lewis Hamilton enjoys his finest hour at Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- Ahmed Shahzad grateful bouncer only fractured his cheekbone
- No stopping Ibrahimovic and PSG from dreaming bigger in France and Europe
- Day 2 of Sharjah cricket Test suspended after Phil Hughes death
- Arsene Wenger hits back at critics after Arsenal qualify for Champions League last 16
- Qatar upset hosts Saudi Arabia to run away with Gulf Cup
- Diego Simeone bullish after Atletico Madrid’s Champions League progress