UFC - where the very big boys play...
Iain Hepburn | December 4, 2012
Now, I'm a great fan of mixed martial arts, as regular readers of Kitbag may have noticed.
And it pains me when I hear critics accuse the sport being brutal, nasty or a freak show.
But occasionally, on the latter point, they may have a point. Especially when you see this on the UFC website, as spotted by @MMA Inc on twitter
Nearly thirteen feet tall? Weighing just 70lbs? Who on earth is John Cofer fighting? Presumably it must be one of these guys:
(For the record, Mike Rio is 5'10" and 155lbs. He fought earlier this year on The Ultimate Fighter reality series. If the UFC ever does sign a 13ft tall, 70lb fighter we'll hear all about it...)
- Thursday cover: Al Wasl keeping options open to get Hugo Viana on board
- Wednesday cover: Mitchell Johnson needs to adapt to survive UAE conditions
- Tuesday cover: Al Ahli and Al Ain grudge match ends dead level
- Table tennis champ Zhang Jike boots away prize money
- Monday cover: Manchester United and Chelsea settle for draw
- Michael Clarke must learn to be more patient
- LeBron ready to play in front of Cleveland again: ‘You don’t get moments like this’
- Real race forming in La Liga as Luis Suarez makes Camp Nou debut for Barca
- Dampened Borussia Dortmund angling for a shock v Bayern Munich in Bundesliga
- In Ligue 1, Marseille look to recapture magic v Lens
- The Kickabout podcast: Controversy at Rashid Stadium – Episode 4